Prologue

I watched as Angel stole everything I ever wanted in front of my very eyes.

My parents always favored Angel more than me. I never really knew why though. I guess it was because she was way more prettier than me or she was supposedly smarter than me(as if).

I did everything in my power to impress my parents. I almost killed myself once just to gain their attention. But guess what,

Angel also stole that from me.

Even with my injuries they simply didn't care. I had to treat myself well for weeks.

It didn't matter how many times I tried or how hard I tried, I was always the invisible daughter they didn't give two shits about.

It got so bad I tried to kill myself multiple times and finally one day I ended up in the hospital.

They never once visited me.

The only time I saw them was when they paid the hospital bills and I was finally discharged.

Even then they told me how they could have used the money on more important things that waste it on a useless person like me.

My depression then resulted to multiple brain disorders and I was failing in class. They told me how useless I was and how bad I'm doing in class and so on and so on.

But then someone came into my life and changed it. I was finally eating well and doing better in class.

One day, everything just snapped. I was so fed up with all the shit in my life and that was the final straw.

I left.

It was difficult, so difficult. But I managed to stand on my feet and I became great.

I was no longer in anyone's shadow.

I was successful, rich, famous and no one could question that.

People now looked up to me.

I got the attention I finally wanted from so many people.

I was finally on top.

And I will never be pulled down again.