A new beginning

Akua continued to ran her hands up and down Alessia's arm soothingly, her heart growing angrily for this sweet girl.

Those people who were suppose to be her parents, are truly the worst.

How could they treat their own flesh and blood like how they're treating Alessia. It truly wasn't a simple matter.

They should pay. And Akua knows that one day they'd face the consequences of their actions.

She worriedly glaced over Alessia's emotionless face and her heart ached even more seeing her like that.

She still couldn't believe they did that.

Akua didn't really grow in a loving environment herself, she and her dad moving from Ghana to live in a new country some years ago so he could escape from the ghost of his past.

He was too busy providing for the both of them to actually be there for her, but she loved him nonetheless.

But Alessia's case was way different from hers, hers was total negligence, her experiences have twisted her perception. Making her grow up faster than she needed.

They truly were monsters.

Ingrid too looked at her granddaughter's face and felt so disappointed and disgusted with him, silently blaming her late husband in his involvement in the way her son had turned out to be.

Cruel

Bitter

Angry

She blamed herself too, silently wishing she had taken control of the reigns way earlier, then maybe none of this would have happened.

Ingrid had come to celebrate with Alessia but was shocked to hear the news that Chad had kicked her, his own daughter out just because she refused to obey him about not pursuing the opportunity he himself had missed because of his foolish ways.

Carl sighed harshly at the situation. How could parents hate their child so much, causing so much emotional pain and neglect, it reminded him of the past but he quickly squashed that thought.

Alessia is what is important right now.

As long as she was accepted she could get into college, it's the message behind them tearing the letter in front of her that made all three adults furious. They bluntly told their own daughter that they would never accept her and that she was on her own and even went as far as inflicting physical pain on their part.

His jaw clenched looking at the bruise on Alessia's face.

The room was so quiet, each and everyone lost in their own thoughts.

Suddenly, a laugh was heard.

The adults were looking at Alessia in confusion who continued laughing, in joy?

Huh? What was going on?

After a while she stopped but there was a small smile playing on her lips.

"This feeling...it's nice." She said thoughtfully.

"I feel free." She continued looking into space.

So what if they kicked her out, she's done with high school, technically they would no longer see each other save for the graduation if she even goes that is.

Her chest felt lighter than it had in years.

Alessia looked at the people who truly mattered to them and her smile became a bit bigger even though her face hurt like hell, she paid no heed to that.

She feels fresh.

"We shouldn't dwell in the past anymore." Alessia said deeply, remembering the pain and suffering she has to endure for the past years.