Chapter 2

"A week ago a crippled body was found on the streets of Gotham. It's just today we're learning that the body was Roman Sionis, The Black Mask. Nearly 15 years ago Roman started his life of crime as the known criminal, Black Mask, starting a war amongst the streets of Gotham with the mirakuru virus. How will his death impact Gotham City today? Who killed him? Are we any safer with him gone? Join me this evening back here as we discuss all the same questions you're wondering. This has been Vicki Vale with the Vale show." Tim stopped the engine of the car as he then stepped out of the vehicle and made his way over to Bruce's grave resting some fresh flowers down beside it.

     "It's hard without you Bruce, I'll admit. I'm trying my very best to live up to you and your legacy.. It's hard to do that though." Tim spoke softly. "Crane's still out there, your killer, and now Roman's dead and that's a whole thing." Tim ranted as he shook his head sighing. "What would you do?" He asked aloud. He then turned back to the car wishing Bruce was around still to give him advice.

     "GRAYSON!" The guard shouted as Dick turned from the courtyard as the guard approached him.

     "Yes?" Dick questioned as a woman in a suit walked up beside the guard.

     "We need to talk." She spoke as Dick glanced over at the guard and nodded.

     "Yeah sure, about what?" He asked as he was then led inside of the prison and into a small room for privacy. "Who even are you?" Dick asked as the girl turned back to him grinning.

     "Easy Grayson, you're not the only person who can trick a small minded human into thinking you're someone you're not." She spoke as she then took out a small device and scanned her body with it as she then shrunk to a small boy wonder. Dick shook his head.

     "Damian, what do you want?" Dick questioned.

     "Look you've been here long enough it's high time you came home." Damian suggested.

     "For what? To put on that stupid mantle to give this city a hope that even with Bruce Wayne dead there will always be a Batman to protect them?" Dick asked as Damian shrugged. "Forget it, I'm not going anywhere. Being in here is far better than wearing that stupid thing." Dick stated sitting on a nearby table.

     "It's not just that, Tim's not himself. He's taking in every responsibility he can obtain and it's turning him into Father." Damian explained as Dick sighed softly.

     "Damnit. What's he taking on?" Dick asked as Damian then tossed him a folder.

     "For starters we heard about a month ago Crane's been playing around with chemicals again. Rumor has it this is to be his best toxin." He explained as Dick was reading on and then looked up at him.

     "He's trying to entrap people in their worst memories?" Dick asked as Damian nodded. 

     "We got a lead he went to Penguin for something, we interrogated him but got nothing but another lead to him going to Metropolis. We used the satellite to search for any signatures that could give us any lead on where Crane was but we found nothing." Damian explained as Dick set the folder down shaking his head.

     "What else am I missing out on?" Dick asked.

     "Roman's dead as I'm sure you've heard. All we know for sure is he fell from a high place, most likely a helicopter or plane. It's unknown if it was an accident, murder, or suicide." Damian suggested as Dick sighed softly. "And that's not everything, Tim's obsessed with finding Bruce's killer." Dick quickly looked up at him as his statement caught his attention.