Chapter 10

"15 men. 2 outside, 4 in the main room, 5 in the VIP lounge, and 4 in Cobblepot's office." Jason reported, looking through a pair of binoculars scouting the area.

     "That shouldn't be a problem, right Jason?" Crane asked as Jason chuckled lightly tucking the binoculars in his pocket.

     "Of course not. I can get in that building with ease." He spoke as he then jumped off the roof of the building he was scouting from, and slid down the fire escape into the nearby alley.

     "Good. Once you acquire what I ask for, I'll fly overhead the building and pick it and you both up." He instructed as Jason i bolstered his guns and crept his way over to the corner of the Lounge, peering over at the two thugs talking amongst each other.

     "So what you're saying is that we're supposed to be guarding the place while the boss is behind bars, and we aren't getting paid?" One of the thugs questioned.

     "Look man, I get it you feel like you're wasting your time. But you don't question the boss. Remember the last guy who did that?" The second thug asked as his friend turned to him confused.

     "Huh? What're you talking about?" He asked.

     "Richard finished a job for Cobblepot a few months back, and when he didn't get paid for it right away he asked why that was. Next thing you know, Penguin threw him down in the basement with that thing. People say it ate him." His friend spoke as his friend's expression turned to fear.

     "I thought that creature was a myth! You're telling me it's down there right now?!" His friend stammered as the other thug chuckled.

     "Don't worry, it's asleep. It only wakes up with an electric jolt, as long as that doesn't happen we're fine." He reassured. Jason slowly crept closer to the goons as he was trying his very best to avoid detection and get it over with quietly. He slowly raised his pistols, aiming them towards the thugs as he fired them as well as killing Oswald's men.

     "Easy." He spoke lightly as he quickly rushed over to the bodies and began dragging them behind the Lounge. He then rushed over to the door as he placed a small bomb on the door and quickly ran off before it exploded. Once he got to cover, he then reached in his pocket for his phone and detonating the bomb as well as opening the door.

     "I thought you wanted to be quiet." Crane spoke as Jason watched 4 more men armed with guns, rush outside to investigate the noise.

     "WELL?! WHAT WAS THAT?!" One of the thugs questioned as everyone was scanning the area with their weapons drawn.

     "Whatever it was, it couldn't have gotten far!" Another gun pointed out. Jason then reached inside of his pocket for a flashbang grenade as he then tossed it in the middle of all four thugs. They all looked in the direction of the small bomb as it immediately detonated, causing the four to be thrown across the area in different directions.

     "You're quite violent, Jason." Crane noted as Jason then began moving into the club silently, making his way down the long, narrow hallway.

     "I know you're not lecturing me on being violent, Crane. You're planning on bombing the city with fear toxin." Jason fired back as Crane chuckled lightly on the other end of the coms.

     "I heard 5 men can feed that thing." A goon in the distance spoke.

     "Nah man, that thing can most definitely eat up to 10." A second argued.

     "You two keep talking about it, and I'll feed you to it like Richard." A third spoke dealing out cards between him and four of his friends in the VIP area of the club.