Chapter 8

"You wear that suit, that symbol, as if it's something you should be proud TO wear." Red Hood spoke as Damian slowly lifted his head looking around the dark room. It was cold and damp, and Damian was strung up on the wall lifeless. Red Hood then stepped closer to the boy as he grabbed him by his face to inspect him closer. "Damn, you look like a spitting image of him." He spoke as Damian then spat on his face as he then chuckled pushing his head to the side and stepping back. "Yup! You definitely are the son of Bruce Wayne." He spoke as Damian attempted to break free from his chains but failed as he took a few deep breaths.

     "And who are you? You know, besides a coward hiding behind a mask." Damian fired back as the masked man stepped forward once more.

     "Someone who once too believed this.. suit, held more meaning than it gave me in the end." He spoke as he caressed the cape. He then reached for the mask as he ripped it off of Damian's face and tossing it onto the floor, looking into his green eyes. "Even in your eyes he can be seen." He spoke softly.

     "You sound fascinated by him, why would you kill him if you're so obsessed?" Damian questioned as Red Hood laughed hysterically.

     "OBSESSED?!" His voice echoed throughout the room. "I am NOT obsessed with Bruce whatsoever. I just find it amusing if anything how much you resemble him. Hell, it kinda even disgusts me." He spoke as he turned around and started moving towards the exit of the room.

     "So who are you really? You're planning on killing me aren't you? Mise well just.. tell me who you are." Jason spoke as he fisted his hands watching as Red Hood chuckled softly and turned back to the young Wayne.

     "Fuck it." He spoke as he then reached to take off his mask and tossing it into the lit up part of the room. He then slowly stepped forward into the light as Jason's grinning face was exposed leaving Damian in a state of shock.

     "Jason Todd?- But- You're dead-"Damian spoke as Jason made a certain look as Damian then let out a low sigh of realization.

     "Grandfather. He revived you with the Lazarus pit.. Didn't he?" He asked as Jason nodded softly.

     "After Joker's bomb went off in that warehouse, I did die. I woke up in this lit up place, this.. white light. But before I could even take a step into it, my eyes opened. My real ones that is." He spoke as he then let out a soft sigh turning his back to Damian. "They were then filled with a.. green light, a green substance." He continued as the memories flashed through his mind. "I swam out of the pit and climbed out to see your grandfather." Jason spoke turning back towards Damian. "And ever since that day, ever since my rebirth, I have sworn to destroy Bruce and anyone else who stands in my path." He said as he took another step closer to Damian.

     "So why take me? You already got your revenge on Bruce what do I have to do with any of this?" He asked as Jason chuckled softly.

    "I'm done with Gotham. Crane needed a strong test subject, and who's better of a subject than the Batman's son?" He asked grinning. "I helped him, and now I can finally leave this wretched city." Jason spoke as he turned to the door, opening it and walking through it. Damian quickly turned his head as he saw Crane walk in from the shadows smiling big. His Brown hair down past his ears, his Brown eyes staring deep into Damian's, with his hands behind his back slowly approaching him.

     "I have to admit, I had very low expectations of Jason pulling through on his end of the deal I mean come on the Batman's KID?!" Crane spoke as he revealed his yellow syringe gloves on his hand grazing the needle on Damian's face. "It's been so hard getting Bruce himself I would've found it just as hard to get his son. But Jason managed to do just that." Crane spoke smiling as he stepped back from the boy.