Prologue

He's done it again. Bruce Wayne has gotten another child added to his bunch of misfits. Her name..Dahlia Harper. Crime alley seems to be a popular place for the Dark Knight to pick up kids in Gotham.

The new Wayne child stares herself in the mirror. She had moved in with her new adopted father a few days ago, and she's only just being introduced to the rest of this crazy family.

Bruce decided to organise a family dinner because everyone is in town at the same time, which is apparently a rare occasion. Dahlia has tried to make an effort to her appearance, but she just..doesn't know how to without hating it.

She closes her eyes, hiding her look with a shaky breath. A knock rings out into her bedroom, "Miss Dahlia, is everything alright in there?" Alfred.

Her eyelids open and she sees Alfred, the butler, standing in the doorway with a concerned look on his face. She nods slowly, answering him. "I'm fine, Alfred."

He nods to her response, not fully convinced. "Well, everybody is seated in the dining room. Dinner will be served in a few minutes."

"Okay." She whispered, fidgeting with the rings on her fingers. "I'll be down in a minute." Alfred's receding footsteps fade from her ears as he leaves to the family dinner about to start.

Family....

Here goes nothing.