Chapter 10

I hadn't left my bed in.... I don't even know how long it's been.

Every time I look at my hands, all I see is blood. I don't even know whose blood it was, and if they're even....

No Dahlia, no bad thoughts.

The door to my bedroom being pushed open is what shakes me from my depressive thoughts. My eyes move to the doorway, the only part of me that's only really been moving lately, to see Zatanna.

She softly closes the door behind her once her feet step into my room. The black haired beauty sits next to me, looking down at me with concern. She sighs quietly, curling my greasy hair behind my ear. "Let's get you up, Dahlia." She whispered, a faint smile on her lips.

I look up at Zatanna, not even needing to look at myself to know how much of a state I am. Her hand lazily rests on the bone of my hip, and I prop my head up with my hand. That slight movement of mine caused her eyes to snap over to mine and her smile brightened slightly.

"I think a shower is first." Zatanna's teasing laugh causes a small smile to lift up my face for the first time in days.

An hour later

I had showered and felt better already, Zatanna helped wash my hair.

Best feeling ever.

I'm now sat on the floor in front of her, my back touching her knees as she delicately braids my long hair.

Overdue a haircut...
Take note brain.

Her slender fingers section off my hair, and with ease started to braid. I never had the chance to figure out how to braid hair, so it's nice I have someone who can do such a complex thing.

She eases any bumps and creases, brushing them out quickly. Once done, she taps my head lightly as she says gently. "All done."

"Thanks, Zatanna." I whisper to her gratefully, carefully leaning my head back onto her knee. I close my eyes with an almost unnoticeable sigh.

Apparently, not unnoticeable enough.

"What's wrong?" Zatanna asked softly, and I felt her hands trace around my face lightly. I stay silent for a moment, gathering for my thoughts to speak them out to the world. "I'm just..tired." I answered quietly, knowing that I'm lying but telling the truth at the same time.

The dark haired beauty keeps quiet for a breath, "Have you been sleeping?" Her question almost keeps takes me off guard, her voice sounds almost....caring? I shrug slightly, "Kind of."

I feel her trace the bags beneath my eyes gently which causes my eyelids to flutter slightly but I keep them shut. "Nightmares?" She whispered.

My silence is enough of an answer.

"I have a way to get your mind off of..everything for a while." Zatanna tells me, the tone in her voice causing my eyes to open and look up at her. "What?"

Her mischievous grin gives me my answer.