Chapter 3

It had been a few days since I left the confines of my room, the only person I've seen is Alfred when he brings me three meals a day. Apart from that, I've been staying alone and quiet.

Until today.

I've showered, put my hair up and am now roaming around the halls of the mansion. I haven't exactly explored the place I now call home, despite how long I'd been here for.

So far, I've come across two libraries, a few offices and plenty of bedrooms. At least, twenty if not more. Now, I am just casually wandering.

Until I decide to enter a random room, then the next thing I know a sword is being thrown at my head. And the next thing after that, my vision went blurred and then I'm falling. A scream escapes my throat and then I hit the ground with a thud.

I groan in pain, rolling over onto my back to be met with darkness above myself. My brows furrow as my vision follow down the structure until they stop on a certain group of people. They then widen at the sight of the people, the Justice League.

They all stare at me with wide eyes, some with concern and worry and others with paranoia. I slowly sit up, wincing in pain at my ribs and I hold a hand to them.

Then Superman speaks, "I'll..uh call Batman." He speaks out with concern, holding a hand to his ear.

And then the next thing I know, I'm getting checked by the Wonder Woman when some voice goes off.

"Recognised Batman A-01, Recognised Nightwing B-01."

I look around in confusion, but stopped moving once Wonder Woman gave me a look. I smiled sheepishly, keeping myself still as she prods at my ribs.

"How-" Nightwing stops in front of me, his head cocked in confusion with Batman at his side. I look between the two Gotham heroes, groaning once Wonder prodded a particularly sore spot.

"She fell from the sky." Green Arrow calls over to the new arrivals as he walks on over. "We heard a scream, a thud and there she was, lying on the floor." I look at the Green hero with a confused expression I fell..from the sky? That makes no sense, I was just in the Wayne Manor.

Wonder Woman stood straight, looking at Batman with her arms crossed. "She has a few bruised ribs but apart from that, she's injury free. Which shouldn't be unless she's not..human."

I look down at my lap just as Batman's gruff voice decides to speak up. "She was apart of the meta-trafficking group." Great, thanks big guy.

I don't have to look to know the whole Justice League is staring at me with some form of pity. "So she could..." Green Arrow doesn't finish his words, but I know what he's saying.

I'm a meta-human.