Chapter 1

I take slow steps down the grand staircase before making my way to the dining room. I hear arguing and laughing, which can be a good sign.

I slowly and silently open the door, peering inside to be greeted by Bruce and four others sat at the long dining table. I don't have a chance to look at each of them enough when Bruce notices me stood in the doorway.

"Dahlia, come in. I promise they don't bite." Bruce sighs, waving his hand for me to come and take a seat.

And that got the attention of all four of the boys. Oh lovely, sigh.

They all eye me as I walk into the room and take a seat next to one of the boys. He seems to be the youngest, despite his piercing gaze on me that suggests otherwise.

No words are spoken until Alfred comes in with a trolley of food. Silent thanks are said around the room as we get handed some food.

I give Alfred a tiny smile when he gives me my plate, he must see my nervousness because he softly pats me on the shoulder. I take a breath, looking at what food I've been given.

My eyes almost fall out of my head at the amount on it. Words almost leave my mouth until I see everybody else has the same pile of food.

My stomach rumbles in anticipation, so I take that as my cue to start eating. Barely a few mouthfuls into my food, Bruce speaks. "Dahlia, how have you been finding living at the mansion?"

Sigh. All eyes shoot to me as he says my name. Before I get a word out, the green eyed child next to me interrupts. "I heard you were part of the meta-trafficking group."

Any noise ceases to exist. All I can hear is my heartbeat ringing in my ears. I place my fork down onto my barely touched plate, my hands shaking at his words.

How..? How does he know?

"Damian!" Bruce hisses with a scolding tone. Ah, so that's his name. But that barely registers in my mind as I'm suddenly escorted out of the room and down the hall.

My vision is blurry and my breathing choppy once we come to a stop in some secluded area. "Miss Dahlia?" It's Alfred, a voice whispers.

I look up to meet the worried gaze of Bruce's butler. "I must apologise on Master Damian's behalf, he hasn't learnt the skill of thinking before speaking." He says almost amused with the youngest Wayne's behaviour.

I didn't respond, my eyes diverted away from him and looked around the hallway. "I'll bring you to your room, and bring your dinner up to you." A gentle hand is placed on my arm. "Does that sound good?" I nod.

I hadn't realised I had been walked back to my room until I sat on the bed. I looked around with weary eyes. My body makes its way to lay down with my head on the pillows, it feels like I'm having an out of body experience. Without another thought, my eyes close and I fall into a restless sleep.