Chapter 2

The sun shining through the open curtains are what awaken me from a sleepless sleep. I rub my eyes with the palm of my hands and sluggishly sit up.

My feet drag me out of bed and out of the door, down the stairs and into one of the only rooms I remember. The dining room.

My still asleep brain delays me from seeing everyone sat at the dining table until I'm sat down.

I look up to see three sets of eyes on me, the boys from last night. Well, all four are sat there but one is too busy on his laptop to look up.

The green eyed child must've gotten scolded by Bruce last night if the look on his face is anything to go by.

Green eyes with a tint of blue hidden in them seem to be calculating my every move, must be the oldest.

And the last pair, the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. The look in them are softer than the other two's but still with some sort of wall to them.

A huff comes from the green eyed one, his eyes narrowing at the blue eyed boy. "I.....apologise for my disrespectful actions last night at dinner." My own eyes move to him with raised brows, he speaks..posh, anciently.

I hadn't noticed how long I hadn't replied until I see his eyes narrow at me in what seems to be hidden annoyance.

I clear my throat, looking down at the table before responding. "It's fine, you wouldn't have known I would..react that way." I hesitate my words, not really knowing how I reacted.

A grunt is all I get in return, and now it's back to awkward silence. I fidget in my seat until Afred comes with what I assume is breakfast. The smell alone makes my stomach rumble embarrassingly loud. My arms wrap around my midsection to try and silence it.

Alfred places a plate in front of me first and I grin at the food slightly. I'm still shocked at the amount of food that gets made at meals, which seems to be a normal in this house.

I dig into the food, being extremely hungry seeing as I didn't eat last night. But before I take my first bite, I realise somebody is missing from the table. "Where's Bruce?" I ask Alfred before he could leave.

He smiles softly at my confusion before answering, "He got called into Wayne Enterprises just this morning, he'll be back this afternoon." He leaves the room after that, leaving us to eat.

Oh yeah, Bruce has his own company to run. I focus back onto my food and finally eat some of it.

I only manage to eat half of the food, disappointed, I placed my knife and fork down onto the half full plate with a quiet sigh. I look at the four boys sat opposite me, the one on the laptop still hasn't looked up and he somehow manages to eat and type at the same time.

"We haven't introduced ourselves, have we?" A voice knocks me out my trance and I look over to the source. It's the blue eyed one. I shake my head, chewing on the skin of my cheek.

"Well, the one that is obsessed with his laptop.." He finally looks up from the laptop to glare at Blue eyes before looking back down. "..is Tim, the third child." He smirks slightly before gesturing to Blue green next to him. "This is Jason, the second child."

"This little one here is Damian." He teased Greenie, ruffling his black hair. Damian glared at him, fixing his hair. "And I'm Dick." He gestures to himself with a grin. "Eldest child."

I nod, looking over the four boys feeling glad I know their names. "I'm Dahlia." I introduce myself, even know they probably already know that.

Dick smiles at me, his blue eyes shining even brighter. I smile back.