Chapter 4

I've been at, what I now know as, the Watchtower for a few hours now. I've been avoiding all gaze with any of the members, keeping myself isolated and away from everyone.

I almost jump out of my skin when the same voice echoes throughout the hall.

"Recognised Cyborg C-03."

I look up to see a bright beam of light and someone walking through. My eyes widen at the sight of...a robot? "You called?" He asks, walking over to Batman who then leads him over to where I'm sat in the corner on the floor.

The robot man crouches in front of me and smiles, obviously seeing the confused look on my face. "You get used to it after a while." He jokes, almost like being stared at weirdly is a normal.

His robot eye glows red and he stares blankly at me, I squirm in my seat at the look. My own eyes follow his form as Cyborg stands, looking to the team. "She definitely has powers that's for sure."

My heart drops to my stomach at his words and I look down at the floor with teary eyes. I blink them away, faintly hearing Cyborg talk. "What happened to her, Batman?"

My mouth responds for me before I can even think, "I got thrown into the ocean, left for dead." My voice is barely louder than a whisper, my eyes squeezing shut. "I got tortured for months, they thought I was a failed subject so they threw me away."

I shrink further into the corner, not wanting to see a single ounce of pity on any of their faces.  "Who saved you?" Nightwing asks slowly, coming to sit in front of me. "I don't know." I whisper, before looking at him.

"One moment, I-I'm drowning and the next I'm in Gotham in Crime Alley." I explained with a shrug of my shoulders. Then Nightwing places a hand on my knee, giving me a comforting smile. I slightly smile back, looking down at my lap with a breath.

"Testing will need to be done to determine what kind of powers she has." My head shoots up and I stare at the Flash with panic. He stares back at me before his eyes widened and he shook his head. "N-not today, it's okay. There's no time limit on when they need to be done."

My panic subsides a little but it still lingers at the thought of tests. I shift in my seat, my stomach rumbling loudly. Wonder Woman chuckles lightly, shaking her head. "But for know, we should get you home." Heat rises to my cheeks and I sheepishly grin.

Nightwing stands, offering me a gloved hand. I take it, helping me stand up and he squeezed my hand before letting go. "Come on." He whispered, gesturing his head to the tube thingy.

And I follow him.