V - Search

The doorbell rang to the rooftop penthouse owned by Levi Ackerman. Levi arose from his seat on the couch and walked over to the intercom. Whoever was at the door needed access to the elevator. First, he checked the cameras and was met with Hange's kind smile and Erwin with a tray in his hand. Hange also had something in her hand but stood way too close to the camera for it to be shown. Usually, Levi would ask over the intercom what the business was to his visitors. But Hange and Erwin were practically his part-time roommates. He pressed the button to give them access to his floor without any hesitation.

Levi walked back to his area on the couch and picked up his dark thriller-themed book, returning it to his brand-new oak bookcase. Calling the penthouse nice was an understatement. It was incredible. The elevator sounded as Levi started to take his, now cold, cup of tea to the kitchen sink. Levi hand-washes all of his dishes and places them in the dishwasher for good measure. That's why everyone loves dinners at his house because they're sure that it's safe.

Hange walked out first with a matching tray to Erwin's. Erwin and Moblit followed behind her. Erwin, with his tray, and Moblit, with a bottle of whiskey. "Hi! Levi!" Hange cheered. She had a huge grin on her face from ear to ear. "We brought some dinner with us, we knew you wouldn't make anything." She sighed. Levi did not care.

"You invited yourself. Why would I make dinner for you little shits?" He clarified, pointing a finger at the kitchen island as the place where they should leave the food. They all followed his finger and placed it exactly where he told them to.

"Every time I'm in here I feel like it gets even bigger..." Moblit mumbles to himself as he looks around the huge kitchen area.

"Hey, have you thought about joining the label?" Erwin asks. He plops himself down onto the bar stool sat at the marble kitchen island. Erwin tended to bring his work wherever he went.

Levi let out a slight sigh. "I have. I'll try it out. But I'm worried about the press." He answered. "Don't you think they'll mention Petra?"

"Guys, let's leave the business talk! Don't you workaholics ever get tired?" Hange groaned. "Besides, I'm sure you and Petra will be back together by next week. That's just how you two are." Hange strolled to the cupboards taking out a few plates to serve the four of them dinner.

"I'm serious this time," Levi declared. "I've had eyes for someone else for some time now."

Hange stopped in her tracks. Erwin put down his cell phone and looked up at Levi. Moblit followed suit, putting his phone down immediately. They were all stunned by the words that Levi had just confidently uttered.

Hange, Moblit, Erwin and Miche have been Levi's closest friends ever since high school. They knew everything about him even down to the colour of every single one of his boxers. They had no idea about this new girl that he spoke of.

What shocked them even more was that he had this girl on his mind for some time. Petra and Levi only broke up a few days prior. Levi was the most loyal man on the planet. So they thought...

"Levi," Hange called in such a low tone that could only be described as a whisper. "You cheated on Petra? Why?" It seemed like Hange was the only one who was able to speak out of the three. Erwin and Moblit's mouths hung open in shock that hadn't worn off.

Levi blinked. "No." Then it clicked, they thought he had cheated on Petra with the woman he had supposedly had eyes for. "No, no. I just feel like I have a lot of unfinished business and no closure with uh..." He hesitated. The name was surely going to make his statement farfetched. "with Y/N. From high school? ...I feel like I need some kind of closure or even a conversation with her so feel at peace." Once Levi had finished, everyone sighed. Hange had the heaviest though.