VII - Holy Shit

Y/N spent that morning sitting on the floor in front of a full-body-length mirror in her hotel room with her makeup bag by her side. She colour-corrected and concealed her bruise the best that she could. It came to the point where it was barely visible anymore. She made sure to lightly apply some eyeshadow so that it would be even less noticeable.

She decided last night with Pieck that she'd make a start on making friends. She slipped into the first outfit she could find in her suitcase which wasn't too bad. She withdrawled a little from her accounts so that she could still have some money for lots of furniture and clothes. And groceries until she was able to find a job. Until then, she was going to meet some people who would hopefully relieve some stress through this journey.

She finally lined her lip. Her nervous and shaky hands were bound to mess her up. She made a mistake, over-lining her bottom lip terribly. "Fuck..." she muttered and dug into her make-up bag for some micellar water and Q-tips.

Her phone started to ring. "Pieck" plastered on the phone. Her hand reaches over answering and putting it on speaker.

"Hi," Pieck greeted. "You haven't changed your mind yet, have you?" She asked with a little chuckle.

"No, I'm basically done now," Y/N said as she finally completed her lip combo, shoving everything back into her bag. "Where are you?" she asked.

"I'm leaving the house right now." You could hear Pieck's keys rattling in the background. "I need to go get our table that I booked. I'll wait for you and everyone else before we start ordering."

"Ahh okay," Y/N shoved her makeup into one of her suitcases. Just so it would be much easier to move everything if it's all packed away. "I'm going to leave too then since I'm pretty much done."

"Okay no problem," You could've heard the smile in her voice. "I'm so glad you're giving me and my friends a chance. You're amazing."

Y/N was left dumbfounded. "Thank you," She tried to form a sentence but began to stutter. "I-"

"I'll see you there," Pieck interjected. "Bye~" She cut the phone quickly. Y/N stared at the phone for a good minute before continuing with what she was doing. Her makeup was shoved in her suitcase and she left the room spotless beside the bed. She made sure she left nothing of value behind. She had three suitcases. Huge, heavy and bulky. She rang for someone to help bring her things downstairs. She was leaving the suitcases in the hotel but checked out of the room.

She'd come back for them as soon as the brunch was over and she'd bring them to her new apartment. Y/N slipped into her loafers which matched her maxi skirt and graphic t-shirt. She still wasn't sure of the theme even after talking to Pieck seven different times about the brunch. But it was fine. She'd just dress casually.

Y/N stuffed her handbag with extra makeup items as a precaution. She brought all of her luggage and belongings downstairs on her own. Although it was very heavy, she managed. After talking to the receptionist, she was able to check out and leave her luggage there for a few hours until she was back. Then, she was immediately on her way. She had to take the metro again but luckily it was only two stops. The brunch place was nice and cosy as seen online.

The journey was short with her headphones on and ignoring her surroundings. As soon as she was at the station she started to speed walk. She assumed that she was late because Pieck left her house over 30 minutes before. Y/N was only four minutes away, the headphones kept her sane. Catcallers and pickpocketers lurked on the sketchy route. But the music drowned them all out enough for her to make it safely to the place.

As soon as Y/N got there, she spotted Pieck walking inside. She would've called her if she wasn't so far so she just jogged up to catch up with her. They met at the cafe/restaurant's hostess. "Pieck," she called smiling. "Hi!"