Chapter Ten- Brysons POV

The booming sound of my alarm clock made me want to throw something against the wall; possibly the clock. Fuck, school. I climbed out of bed, slowly grabbing clothes and heading to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and threw on black slim jeans, a black undershirt and a blue plaid button down shirt, rolling the sleeves to my elbows. I ruffled my hair a bit, giving it that messy look, and headed downstairs.

"Good morning, sweetie," my mom said as I plopped down on a stool at the kitchen counter.

"Morning," I mumbled back, still not awake. My mom placed a cup of coffee in front of me. Boy, she knows me so well. I could smell the aroma of bacon filling the kitchen, which made my mouth water. Mmm, bacon. I took a sip of my coffee, burning my mouth in the process.

"Fuck," I yelled, putting my hand over my mouth. My mom shot me a glare; she didn't like vulgar language, and I was pretty good about not swearing in front of her, but sometimes it slipped. "Sorry, mom. That coffee was hot." She chuckled, as if I should have known.

~~~~

"Bryson? Are you listening to me?" Emmy said. I looked at her, trying to act like I had hear everything she just said.

"Uh huh," I said, looking ahead.

"Then what did I say?" Fuck, she caught me.

"I don't know. I wasn't listening." She rolled her eyes and kept driving.

"Whatever, it's not important. Anyway, I'm making Riley come to the game this Friday." Great, as if I didn't see enough of her as it was.

"Sweet," I said, putting on my best fake smile. Emmy stayed quiet the rest of the ride, which wasn't unusual. We pulled into the school parking lot shortly after, and I dashed out of her car.

"Meet me here after practice," Emmy yelled after me. I shot her a thumbs up and headed to the cafeteria.

Everyone was in their usual seat, around the same table. We had been doing this since freshman year, and it was starting to get old. Everyone knew who the popular kids were; we didn't have to make it even more obvious. But that was the thing with these guys, they wanted everyone to know. They wanted to rub it in everyone's face.

"Yo, Bryson!" Matt yelled as I walked over to the table. I plopped down in my usual seat, next to Tamara. She gave me a smile and kissed me on the cheek. Fuck this fake relationship. I shot her a quick smile before listening in on the groups conversation.

"Seriously though, that dress she was wearing. It was so cute, but it would have looked better on anyone but her," Sarah said, rolling her eyes at the end. Who the fuck are they talking about?

"I know," Tamara chimed in. "She thinks she's a hot shot now. I can't wait to ruin that." Tamara laughed, and I could almost guess now who they were talking about.

"She's got brains, but not much more. I mean, maybe if she put a little effort into her hair and makeup, she might actually be pretty," Sarah said. I rolled my eyes at how pathetic they were being. I turned my attention towards the guys, not wanting to hear anymore of the girl talk.

"She was smoking," Matt said. Great, this isn't any better. "I mean, did you see her tits? They're huge!" That got a cheer from the rest of the guys. The bell rang, and I grabbed my bag and headed towards my locker. Matts locker was right beside mine, and he made small talk the whole way. Matt and I had been real close at one point in time, then I found out one of my girlfriends cheated on me, with him, and things just haven't been the same since. "How's that going with Riley?" Matt asked, catching me off guard.

"What?" I asked. I knew what he was talking about, but I didn't want to admit it.

"Is she falling for you yet? Tamara is getting anxious." I rolled my eyes; always about Tamara.

"I think so, but I'm not positive. She's not a bitch anymore, so I've made some progress." Matt chuckled as I closed my locker.

"I can't wait for this all to finish out. I'm surprised Tamara was able to get this all together after that party." I had been so busy actually hanging out with Riley that I forgot Tamara had planned her revenge. Tamara was not someone to mess with. She was practically queen bee of the school, and if you fuck with her, you fuck with all her girls.

"Yeah, it'll be great," I mumbled.

"You don't actually like her, do you?" Matt asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Nah, dude. It's just for show." Or was it? I heard someone slam their locker shut, and I looked that way. Fuck, Riley. She must have heard everything I said. Now look at what I got myself into.

~~~~

Calculus was quiet. Ms. Miller paired Riley and I up for a group activity, but Riley just did all the work and sat there. She wouldn't even look at me. I knew then that she must have heard everything. I sighed, which made Riley look in my direction quickly and then look away. When the bell rang, Riley practically darted out of the classroom.

"Riley," I called, running after her. She stopped, turning to face me with nothing but anger in her eyes.

"What do you want, Bryson?" She was pissed, and I felt bad.

"Will you just talk to me?" She chuckled, stepping closer to me.

"Why? So you can pull me in a little closer and then crush me? Isn't that your plan?" I could see the sadness in her was underneath the anger, and I felt genuinely bad.

"It's not like that," I said, trying to form my thoughts into words.

"You know, Bryson, I thought I liked the nice you, but I think I liked when we hated each other better," and with that, she stormed away, leaving me in the hall with everyone staring at me. Great, what have I done?
----------------------------------------------

What did you think of that twist? Do you think Bryson actually feels bad about the plan, or does he just feel bad because she found out? Tell me your thoughts!

The picture attached is the person I chose to play Bryson. I'm still trying to fill the other spots, so if you have ideas, let me know!

Teaser: Riley's POV to this situation? Either that, or I'll just keep going with the story!