Chapter Thirty- two

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I said as I realized who was standing in my doorway. "What do you want?"

"I want to apologize, Riley. You've been ignoring me ever since the diner." I shrugged, looking away. He should know why I was ignoring him. "I'm sorry, Riley. I know I could say it a million times and you probably wouldn't forgive me." I chuckled, realizing that wasn't the right thing to do. "Regardless of what happened that night at the party, I'm still in the wrong. I shouldn't have done what I did."

"I'm glad you're realizing this now. It took you how long?" I scoffed. I was fed up with his bullshit. I didn't care if he actually was drugged, I couldn't forgive him. "You hurt me, Bryson, and you broke my trust. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you," I said.

"Riley?" I heard Matt say as he walked up the walkway.

"Seriously Riley?" Bryson said as Matt wrapped his arm around my waist.

"This is who you go to? You know this guy has managed to steal everyone of my girlfriends, just to piss me off, right?" I shrugged, looking up at Matt.

"Bryson, I think it's time for you to go," Matt stated matter of factly.

"What are you, her boyfriend?" Bryson laughed.

"Close enough, so back the fuck off." The humor in Bryson's face disappeared quickly, and I could tell by the way he was clenching his fists that it wasn't going to end well.

"You need to leave," I told Bryson, hoping to stop a fight before it happened. He started walking away and then turned back to face me.

"I hope you have fun with that scumbag, Riley. He's just using you," he said before getting back into his car. I sighed, looking up at Matt.

"You know that's not true, right?" I nodded, placing a kiss on his cheek. I knew that Matt wasn't the bad guy. Bryson was just mad that I was moving on.

~~~~

"I can't believe Bryson did that," Angela said as she spooned potatoes onto her plate. I pushed my food around with my fork, not really having an appetite.

"I don't think he'll be coming around for a while," Matt said. Before Bryson got brought up, Angela had grilled Matt with questions about his future and what he was doing for school. I could tell that she was thoroughly impressed with his answers. He had his life thought out, and he was making his dreams come true. I knew that she liked him, and I could tell she was happy that I was getting over Bryson.

"Good. I don't want that boy to come around here again," Angela said. "He's a terrible person." I shot Angela a small smile as I finally ate some of my dinner. I had yet to tell Emmy what had happened with Bryson, but I knew she wasn't going to be happy about it. Emmy and Bryson's relationship had gone down the drain after what he did to me. I think it would have been different if Emmy didn't see it with her own eyes, but she did.

~~~~

"Thanks for dinner, Angela," Matt said as he grabbed his jacket.

"It was so nice to finally meet you. I've heard nothing but good things, and I hope to see you around more often." She gave Matt a hug and went back to cleaning off the table. I walked Matt out to the door.

"Thank you for coming," I said with a smile.

"It was a pleasure, Riley. I really like you, and I want to show you that. This was just another step to show you how much you mean to me." I looked away, hoping to hide the blush that was burning my face, but Matt grabbed my chin, making me look at him. "Goodnight Riley," he said before inching closer to me. I could feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach the closer he got. I closed my eyes, waiting with anticipation. His soft lips connected with mine, and the butterflies became a zoo. He pulled away, shooting me a smile.

"Good night, Matt," I said as he walked down to his car. I touched my lips, replaying the scene in my head. I smiled at the thought as I watched him drive down the road. I headed back inside to help Angela with the dishes.

"I like him," she said out of the blue.

"I do to," I said, causing her to laugh. When we finished with the dishes, we went into the living room to end the night with a movie.

~~~~

The next morning, I rolled into school, sitting in my car, waiting for Emmy. I still hadn't told her about last night, but I knew I needed to. If things like this kept happening, I feel that Emmy might just murder Bryson.

"Hey, lady," she said through the crack in my window. I rolled up the window, getting out of my car.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

"How was dinner last night?" She asked.

"Well, it was good after Bryson left." My words caught her by surprise because when I looked back at her, her jaw was dropped.

"Bryson went to your house?" I nodded. "What did he say?" I filled her in on the story, and she was clenching her fists the whole time. Emmy wasn't a violent person, but if you pissed her off, you should be scared. "I can't believe him," she exclaimed.

"I know. Matt handled it great though. I really thought Bryson was going to throw a punch." She shook her head.

"He's going to pay for everything he's done, Riley. I promise." I have her a small smile as we headed to class.
-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter and the delayed posting! I had writers block, and I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it.

I think the story will be coming to an end soon :( let me know if you want to see a sequel for this book!!