Chapter Twenty-eight

"Riley, wait!" I heard Bryson yell, but I didn't care. All I wanted was to get out of there. And that's exactly what I did.

I was curled up in my bed with my face in the pillow. Tears were continuously flowing, and I couldn't stop them. What went wrong? He was fine; we were fine. It was all set that he was going to come home this weekend, so what made him go to that party? The image of them, half naked, on top of each other kept playing in my mind. I was never going to un-see that. I thought he had changed.

"Riley?" Angela called as she perked her head in my room. "Emmy's here." I grunted, not wanting to talk. All I wanted was to be alone right now, but I knew Emmy would never let that happen. She always said it's worse when you're alone. The pain will always be worse because that's what you're thinking about. I guess she was right. Emmy came into my room. She didn't say a word; she just wrapped her arms around me, running her fingers through my hair. I was a mess. I couldn't control myself; the tears started to fall harder.

"Sh, it will all be okay." I sat up, looking at her.

"How can you say it will all be okay? The guy that I love was banging some other girl last night, Emmy. That guy that I love is your brother." She sighed, placing her hand on my cheek.

"He will get what he deserves, and he knows it." My phone started vibrating furiously off the night stand, and I groaned.

"Will you break that fucking thing? I'm sick of hearing it." A small smile formed on Emmy's face, and I got help but chuckle at what I had said.

"Is it Bryson?" I nodded in response.

"He's been calling and texting non-stop. I just can't bring myself to look at them." She grabbed my phone, flipping through the messages and voice mails.

"Do you want me to read them to you?" I shrugged my shoulders. I wanted to know what lame excuse he had, but I also wanted to forget about him.

"I'll just read them, I guess." She handed me my phone and I took a deep breath before looking at the messages myself.

Bryson- Riley, I'm sorry. It's not what it looked like.

Bryson- please talk to me.

Bryson- I didn't do it on purpose.

Bryson- Riley, please get ahold of me. I'm worried.

And there were more like that. More messages that would lead to whatever excuse he came up with. I sighed, looking at Emmy.

"You should at least talk to him. See what he has to say, and then you can kick the shit out of him. Hell, I'll even help you," she said in all seriousness. I laughed, and it felt good. It was the first time I could laugh about what had happened.

"I guess I should." I got up, taking my phone into the hall with me, and I dialed Bryson's number. It rang a few times before he picked up.

"Riley? God, I'm so sorry. I'm so s-"

"Shut up," I said bluntly, cutting him off. "We're going to talk about this, but we're going to do it in person."

"Okay. You name the time and place, and I'll be there."

"You have one chance, Bryson. If you don't show up, it's on you. You can forget about me and everything we had." He sighed, and I could hear shuffling in the background.

"I'll be there, Riley. I promise."

"The little dinner in town at noon. That gives you two hours." And then I hung up. I walked back into my room, and Emmy looked at me.

"What happened?"

"I'm meeting him at noon. I told him he had one chance, and if he didn't show then he could forget about me." She nodded and stood up.

"Let me know how it goes." I waited until she left before I started looking for clothes.

~~~~

It took me an hour to get ready. It was hard. I wasn't looking forward to the conversation that I was about to have. I stepped into the dinner and ordered a coffee before finding a seat towards the back. I sat down and checked the time on my phone. Five of twelve. If he wasn't here by twelve thirty, I was leaving. Soon after, my coffee arrived. I played on my phone and sipped my coffee as I waited. Twelve on the dot and the bell above the door rang. I looked up to see Bryson making his way to my table. He looked like shit. He took the seat across from me.

"Riley-"

"Shut up," I said. I knew I needed to hear his side of the story, but he was going to hear what I had to say first. He stared at me, waiting for me to speak. "I'm just going to get what I have to say out of the way right now."

"Okay," he said, looking down at his hands.

"You're a piece of shit." I could tell he was taken back by my words, but I didn't care. "You have no idea how worried your family and I were last night when you didn't show up. How worried we were when you wouldn't answer our calls. Emmy and I drove all the way to your school, just to make sure you were okay, and you know what we found? You with some whore. You deserve to rot in hell for what you did, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive you. Not just for hurting me, but for hurting your family after everything they've been through." I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. All Bryson did was stare at me. "Well go on. Now it's your turn."

"I don't know what happened last night." I laughed, and he looked at me like I had two heads.

"You don't know what happened last night? You ended up at a ducking party instead of at home where you were suppose to be."

"I know that," he sighed. "I had time to kill before I left, and my roommate told me about a party, so I decided to go, but things got out of hand..."
-------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! I know, bad spot to leave off, but I plan on writing the other part of this tonight or tomorrow!

The next chapter will be a flashback in Bryson's POV to show you what happened at the party, or, what he thinks happened at the party.

Don't forget to comment and rate if you're enjoying! :)