Chapter 22

Bryson
December 20th 2022

"you wanna be my girlfriend" I said out loud to myself, "Na that ain't right" I said to myself shaking my head.

Me and Cassandra been in the "talking stage" for about three weeks now and it's been great. I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend but I didn't know how.

for the past five days she been talking bout them glitter roses and that chic-fil-a heart thing. Ima ask her tomorrow and get that heart thing and the roses.

I checked the time...3:57 pm. I grab my keys and my wallet because I have to be at work at five so ima get some food and then go.
—————
I was on my lunch break when Cassandra FaceTimed me.

"Hello" I mumbled

"Hey bry " she smiled looking at the camera.

"Wassup" I said with a small smile.

"Nothing... you at work?" She asked eating some sour patch kids. "Yea" I said before looking around my surroundings.

"I'm getting my hair done today" she said after a moment of silence.

"What you getting?" I asked looking back at phone.

"Ohh you knowwww" she said waving it off but knowing her she wants me to ask again.

"What are you getting" I ask again making her smile, "the Alicia keys braids" she replied

"I don't know what that is"

"Hold on I'll send a picture" she said putting me on pause, "go look at it".

"It look weird on her" I said looking at the girl that was on the picture making her smack her teeth, "Bryson just look at the braids".

"The braids fine, It's her" I said looking at the camera. "What color you want them roses?" I asked.

"I told you like seven times"

"Tell me again"

"I like the light blue ones, red ones, light pink ones and the black ones but I really really want the light blue ones" she said counting on her hands as she goes through the ones she wants.

"Okay...my lunch break over, ima call you later"

"Okay bye" she said making me say it back before hanging up.
———————
Omniscient
  December 22nd 2022

After Bryson got off of work two days ago he got some real glitter roses in red and bought some fake roses and made her fake glitter roses in light blue.

He made her the fake glitter roses because he knew that the real ones were going it die in two days probably.

They had school today so he planned on asking her at lunch and to order her chic-fil-a since she sits with them some days out the week.

"Hey bry" Cassandra said walking up to his lunch table.

"Wassup" he said standing up giving her a hug, "you look pretty" he stated making her smile.

"Thank you" she said before burying her face in his chest.

"Nigga a simp" jahmir said watching their interaction making kahlil laugh.

"Shut up Nigga"Bryson smacked his teeth before leaning down into Cassandra's ear, "let's go outside real quick".

"Okay" she replied letting go of him and grabbing his hand as she let him led the way.

Bryson led her outside of the cafeteria, walking into the hallway to his locker before stopping and turning towards her.

"Whats wrong" Cassandra asked as confusion laced her face.

"Nothing" he murmured with a slight smile.

"Why are we out here"

"I gotta ask you something" Bryson said putting the combination in his lock before opening the locker.

"What"

Bryson sighs, "will you be my girlfriend" he asked pulling out the real roses, looking down at her. Cassandra's heart dropped.

whatsss goinggg onnnn, she thought.

"Bryson..." she stated lowly putting her hands on her face.

"What"

"Are you serious right now" she asked as she felt her heartbeat increasing.

"Yea" he let out a chuckle, "so will you?" He repeated his question.

"I-uh-i" she stuttered out nervously before clearing her throat, "yes" she said with a smile as she hugged him around his neck.

A few seconds later she pulled away and pecked him on his lips making him smile.

"Here" he said holding out the flowers in his hand.

"Oh my gosh this is why you asked me what colors I liked yesterday" she said smelling the roses, "I don't understand why people say flowers smell good, they literally smell like grass" she said making him laugh.

"Hm" he said giving her the fake glitter roses that he made, "I made fake ones because I know the real ones gon die and I wanted you to keep them for a while"

She poked her bottom lip out looking at the light blues fake flowers he made her. "I got you that chic-fil-a thing too" he said holding it in his left hand for her since her hands were full.

"Bryson you are the sweetest ever" she said kissing his lips. His right hand traveled to her waist, pushing her closer towards him. She let out a moan when he started sucking her bottom lip.

They pulled away when they heard footsteps.

"Omg this is so fun i am a girlfriend now" she said dancing a little making Bryson laugh, "let's go back to the cafeteria" he said closing his locker and grabbing her hand.