Chapter 35

Omniscient
February 12th 2023

"Good morning class" Mrs evens said before walking up to the front. "Today we will start our partner-projects" she said making the class groan.

"Yes yes I know" she said laughing before continuing, "the good thing about this project is that you can pick your partner"

Cassandra raised her hand gaining Mrs even's attention, "yes Cassandra?"

"What is the project about?" She said after putting her hand down.

"The project is whatever historical event that we've learned about—you can also pick which event, I do not care as long as we learned about it"

"You will all have the same prompt and will have to right a short essay about why was it important and what impact did it have on America" Mrs evens spoke loudly.

"Okay so I'll let you all pick your partners then you can start talking about the project" she said before walking to her desk.

"Do you want to work together?" Cassandra asked looking at Bryson.

"Mhm" he hummed in response.

"Okay" she smiled before continuing, "what event do you want to do?—I was thinking like the Boston tea party or the gilded age"

"The gilded age" he mumbled making Cassandra furrow her eyebrows together.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhm, just tired" he said looking at her with low eyes.

"Did you get some sleep last night?" She asked rubbing his face.

"Na but I'm good" he said taking her hand off of his face.

"Why'd you take my hand off of your face?" The girl asked confused.

"Let's just start" he murmured referring to the project. Cassandra frowned wondering why her boyfriend was acting so strange.

———————

"I'm sick of this crazy bitch yo" jahmir said shaking his head. They were at lunch, Bryson had his head phones on and was laying on Cassandra.

"What happened now?" Kahlil asked knowing it was a mistake to ask.

"This hoe keep fuckin' tryna a nigga, yesterday I told ha' no and she smacked the shit outta me—she lucky I'm scared of jail cause I would've hit this hoe back" jahmir said making kahlil shake his head.

Cassandra moved Bryson's beats off of his ear before speaking, "are you okay now?"

"Mhm—my fault for earlier, my dad came back and we got into it" he said sitting up and rubbing her thigh.

"It's not okay but I forgive you—you have to start telling me these things instead of being rude, it's not good for you or us" she said making him feel bad instantly.

"You right, I'm sorry mama" he said kissing her cheek.

"Nigga pay-the-fuck attention" jahmir said gaining Bryson's attention.