Chapter 10: Too Furious

"Selena! Heyy wait up!!" Max wanted to quickly chase her but someone got in his way

"Stop. You're not allowed to go inside mate" a hand was obviously blocking his chest to go further

"Piss off" Max looks at this unwanted traffic only to realize who Cal was.

The Cal in her phone, the one who called her late last night.

"Callum Illot. Move or I'll push you" the lion growls

"Do you honestly think she needs you right now??" Callum's getting pissed off now that Max is showing his colors

"Who do you even think you are?!" Callum asks back as he pushes him back with little force
"I'm her fucking boyfriend!"
"Yeah right! If she actually thinks that way, she would have introduced you to me but no.. she didn't that means she's not confident enough in you"

"What? And who are you to judge. You're just some guy who's been friends with her a little longer than me"

Callum scoffs "you really have no idea don't you?"

"Selena!" Max calls her name out but she hasn't responded, she didn't even hear him with the state that she's currently in

"Stop that! Do you actually think you can calm her down when you're the one who made her into this state again?"
"Why do you think I did that? I wouldn't want to hurt her in any way!"
"I know you, I've heard the stories. Stop messing around with Selena. She's not someone you can handle"

Callum turns around to go up the apartment thinking that Max would just go away but he didn't. He was just getting angrier by the second.

Callum ran upstairs to Selena, sitting on the ground near the door, hyperventilating, mumbling things here and there.

"Selena look at me. It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay. I'm here now.. slowly.. please.. try to breathe.." Callum places his hands on her ears gently as he whispered.

Max caught up only to find this scene.

It was intimate enough to see that there's clearly a bond here.

He clenched his hands in anger but seeing Selena cry and be in this state.. to not have an ounce of trust in him, his mouth got dry leaving bad taste like getting punched in his guts.

Callum's trying to calm her down. Softly saying things to assure her she's in a safe space.

For Max though, this was like watching a movie scene unfold.
A princess in distress and a knight coming to save her.

What's worse is that he's slowly getting angrier with himself.

Trying to recall what happened yesterday or if he actually did something to her so bad for her to be like this. He couldn't take the guilt anymore and left on his own.

It was rare for him to feel this type of way.

Even self-blaming seemed so far fetched from what he has always been, an ice cold machine.

"Breathe for me Selena.. please.." Callum's forehead was close to Selena's forehead.
"What a fucking sight" Max whispers and decides to go

After what had felt like decades, Selena manages to get a hold of herself

"Did he see me?"
"I don't think so..." Callum hugs her gently when he knew he was lying. Max did see her, but letting her know wouldn't bring any benefit at this current situation anyways.
"Thank God" she sighs in relief
"Here... let's get you to bed yeah?" Callum offer his hand and guides her inside her apartment.

"Do you want me to get some meds?"
"No.. it's just a one time thing.. It wont ha--"
"but it did while you were with Max"

Selena looks down on her lightly punctured palms from her nails clenching so tightly

"It's not his fault"
"Selena you haven't felt like this for a year. Something must've triggered it while you were with him. Don't even lie about it"
"Fine.. something did happen but I swear it's not his fault, he just didn't know."
"What happened then?"
"It's..."

Selena hesitates. She knows the more she says, the more he'll prevent her from seeing Max. Right now, she's still pretty confused why she even had that nightmare again but it's not his fault and if she does tell Max the truth... He'll just abandon her, she's so sure about this.

She shakes her head and sighs

"Sel... you can tell me anything... you know that right?" Callum once again, reassures her.
"I just saw them outside while Max was driving me home"
"them?? what do you mean? but they shouldn't be out yet!"
"I don't know... I'm not sure okay... It's just when I looked outside the window I saw their faces laughing and I quickly hid by ducking down"
"Selena" Callum sighs and holds her hand. "It's a good thing that I'm here..."

"Rest for now... I'll stay here until you recover"

Selena lies down and closes her eyes.

She was scared that 'they' might come back to get her but after awhile, she got more scared thinking what Max might've felt. If he hadn't seen her like that earlier, then she might have a chance to explain why she suddenly wanted to go home. Why she flinched at his sudden touch.

Her thoughts ran and slowly drowned her to sleep

Meanwhile...

Max was supposed to go to Hungary but he was too angry that he got an earlier flight
His mind was doing cartwheels trying to figure out what just happened, what he saw and why it all led to that.

'It seemed like Selena had hyperventilation' he thought. 'but what was the cause'
bit by bit he tried to replay last nights events. From her going to his simulator room to them getting intimate. 'shit' Max suddenly thought of that one thing before she got the nightmares.

'It was when I held her wrists up and she moved like she wanted to escape then i got rougher by the hour. fuck. i fucked up'

"Max! we need you to atleast be attentive in the interviews. seriously it's still early season" his PR team said as they were walking to the briefing area.

Now that he has a clue of what it might be, still the question remains 'why though'. Pinning her hands together was just a form of teasing and it wasn't like he was putting heavy force on her.

She seemed to enjoyed herself after a while so it was bugging the hell out of his mind.