Chapter 13: Hold Me

"I guess we can" Selena answers almost too quickly
"Then I can drive you home after" Max was a bit dodgy that maybe Selena is hesitant after the events from last week

On the ride back, she pretended to be tired but she actually fell asleep until they got his house

"Oh no.. how long have I been sleeping..."
"Just a little while. Do you want to come inside now?"

She nods and follows him

It was almost always the same as the last time she remembers, but something caught her eyes...

"Have you been... sleeping on the couch?"

Max feels a bit guilty that he just couldn't answer

"I... I haven't slept in the bed since the last time you were here..."

She frowns a little and although it's a thing of the past, she feels sad that he's feeling guilty of something he didn't even do.

"Do you want to freshen up before going?" Max asks to divert her attention

"Uhm.. yeah sure.. you can go shower first"

For some reason, Max agrees and goes to the bathroom near the living room. As the water hits his skin, he suddenly feels the urge. Just thinking about how beautiful she was sleeping so soundly in the car and how she's just inside his house again, just within arms reach.

His ears are feeling hot and he knows he shouldn't so he tries to calm himself with cold shower

Meanwhile, Selena goes over the couch... tidying up his pillows and blankets. Slowly cleaning some takeout containers.

Max gets out wearing a clean white shirt and some shorts. He sees her throwing some trash and he quickly gets it off her hands, doing it himself

"You didn't have to. You can shower now" he was a little embarrassed but Selena nods and chooses the same bathroom.

'Why did he just look so hot right now' Selena sees herself blush as she looks in the mirror.
'Will he even let me stay the night if I ask?'
'How can I even ask. What if he's uncomfortable because of last time'

So many thoughts in her head as she takes her time bathing.

All the while Max is struggling to tame it all down. He didn't want to be inconsiderate because of the things that just happened. He wanted to know more about it and take precautions so it wouldn't happen again but this was all becoming too hard.

"Max... Can I have a towel? I think you forgot to put one"

'Fuck' he quickly gets one, hangs it, and sits down on the bed

"I just put one on the doorknob" he says a little louder
"Oh.. thanks"

'Guess I was hopeful for nothing' Selena laughs at her silly thoughts that Max might've initiated.

Well.. He did want to, but he was already trying to concentrate on refusing to give into temptation.

"Can I borrow a shirt? I dropped mine and it's wet"

His heart was beating like crazy as he hears her footsteps

He knew, he just knew he would lose all his cool the moment his eyes lays on her

"Max?" She pops her head to look by his side
"Can I?"

'Fuck' just like he imagined she had herself wrapped in a towel with her wet hair falling over her shoulder, her neck line exposed down to revealing her shoulders

They used the same soap and yet she smells too good. He was getting intoxicated with all of her.

Max pulls her towards him, and Selena takes advantage of it by sitting on his lap, facing him.

He quickly supports her by grabbing her waist, making her a bit more hot than what she's already been feeling.

"I tried really hard but this is hitting my limit"

Even Selena was surprised at herself intentionally doing these little things just to get Max's attention.

She gently caressed his cheek, and her fingertips touching his ear

"Selena. Don't make me start if you're not going to finish this" His eyes staring into hers so keenly. It wasn't just her that's feeling butterflies again, he was too.

And maybe it was just something they couldn't deny... their burning desire starting to take over their bodies..

Before he could even think twice about holding back, She kisses his lips and whispers into his ear

"Max... please... hold me" shivers went down while he was getting hard

"Fuck! I'm warning you. I won't stop once I start so tell me— Do you really want this?"

"Yes. I want it. I want you, Max"