Chapter 11 HEADMISTRESSESS OFFICE

HERMIONE sat with her head in her hands "I need a break" she whispered. The last story had been too much. She felt a part of herself die on that bed. The suffocating cold made her body feel more alone and miserable.

"Excuse me please" she whispered before quietly running to the door. Draco Malfoy stood and followed her into the hall. "Please don't follow me. You are the last person I want to see right now".

"Don't you get it. I am the only one on this blasted planet who understands what you are going through right now" Draco snapped back. "Seeing that, feeling that. Shit Hermione. I just saw you die, and I bloody loved you." He mumbled standing at the window. "It all makes sense you know?" he sniffled. She paused and looked over at him.

"What makes sense, none of this makes any sense" she added. Her curiosity drove her forward.

"I dreamt of you. I have dreams that I am holding you, your eyes they felt familiar, and they haunt me in my dreams." He added. Draco Malfoy had never told anyone this before. The dream was littered with the images of his own aunt torturing her on the floor of his childhood home.

Hermione didn't know what to say. She fiddled with her hands with nervousness.

"You still do that I see" he smiled. In every scene he could see that Hermione had little mannerisms that carried through. "Even in this lifetime" he laughed again. In that moment she blushed at the thought. They had just watched themselves fall in love over and over again. Every time she could see who Draco Malfoy was outside the façade he carried.

"What if we don't fall in love?" Hermione asked suddenly. Draco shrugged. Their attention was brought to the headmistress's door.

"I have one last one to show you" Medera announced. The pair followed her back into the room and assembled around the pensive. To their surprise they found themselves on the Hogwarts express.

"You never seen confectionery before?" A voice asked behind her. Turing around Hermione met the gaze of a white-haired boy.

Biting the side of her check in annoyance for finding herself in a foreign situation she mumbled reluctantly, "Not this sort no".

"I could help you. We have another exam coming up. I am certain that if you excel they wouldn't have any reason to move you?"

"Giving you a hug Draco, you looked like you needed one. Suck it up and hug me back you git" she smiled to herself. And if on cue, he did. "You are a big baby sometimes" she whispered into his chest. "And I hate arguing with you".

The scenes left the spectators shocked. Hermione had been in Ravenclaw, and Draco had loved her. With the hospital wing scene, it was clear that they loved each other in their magical world. They simply fit. The scenes flickered through her mind as she sat at the Gryffindor table for supper. Her fork moved the pasta around on her plate. She wasn't the slightest bit hungry after everything that had occoured that day.

Hermione sat looking over the lakes. It had become her second favourite spot other than the library. Arms wrapped around her, and she smiled "I can start training again" the voice mumbled, and she turned around and shook her head.

"You are not serious, Draco!" she pushed him away to jump down and cross the arms over her chest. He stepped forward and kissed her lips again. "Draco" she tried again, but he laughed and didn't say a word.

Hermione felt a blush creep over her cheeks, before lifting her eyes to check if anyone noticed. Her eyes met with an all too familiar gaze, who smirked knowingly. " You alright Mione?" Ron asked from across the table.

"Fine, just reminded that I need to finish my homework tonight" she smiled softly. She could tell that her friends were exchanging looks around her. She was gone for a whole day with Draco Malfoy and had not told them anything. She wondered what their theories were.

"You gonna' eat that?" Ron asked again, she shook her head and passed the plate to him without a comment. The pasta disappeared in seconds much to her disgust