055

Breon POV
(Miami, Florida.

I was chilling with my pops just talking to him. Since he's been out I been catching him up on life. They say if you sit in the cell for so long you get disconnected from the outside world. I can tell cause he's not hip at all. Pops don't even know what a two man is, he heard Ace say he was going on one earlier and thought he was gay or something. Crazy work.

"Yeah for sure, I can't wait for you to meet my wife pops." I said.

Yeah that's my wife I'm claiming it.

"Your wife huh son." My dad said.

"Yeah, I'm bringing everybody back down here and i'ma propose to her." I said.

"That's wassup." My pops said.

"Well atleast I know you were better off with out me." My pops said sighing.

"Nah dad I understand like I told you I been in the streets before just like you. I made it out thankfully but it could've went wrong at any second." I said truthfully.

"What made you be strong enough to turn away from the streets?" He asked.

"Honestly seeing your situation, and losing some of my homies around me. When I was in the streets three, four years ago I was childish young and dumb. I wasn't the man how I am now especially with you free it's like a piece of my puzzle was put together and solved." I said.

"Word? I always thought you'd hate me or something." My pops said.

"Never. Like I said you had a girl and children and you got it for us by any means. I can't hate a man for handling his business and responsibilities." I said.

"That's good to hear." He said.

"How's your mom?" He asked.

"She good, she kinda indecisive about seeing you for all these years." I said.

"I don't blame her I left her all alone to raise you." He said.

I really feel for my pops. Like yeah you made dumb decisions but you here now all I ask is that you stay. I don't judge people for what they do because about me and mines i'ma get it regardless so I understood.

"Yeah.. but don't beat yourself about it, I forgive you and so does she." I said.

"Thank y'all for that." He said.

"So now that you out what's your starting plan?" I asked.

"Well first I need a job." He said.

"You still do tats and stuff." I asked.

"Definitely but I was doing those jail tats they not like the regular ones." He said.

"You think you still got it?" I asked.

"Eh I can see I doubt it tho haven't did one in sixteen years." He said.

"I just realized you have been locked for that long." I said.

"Yeah." He said.

"Uh ok so I have a homie who does tats as a side hustle I think you should spend a day with him. He got the lil fake skins you can practice on I just want you to be doing something that makes you happy. I want you to get your grove back, I know sitting in a cell for that long makes you not wanna do anything when you get out but I believe in you pops. I remember when I was a jit you taught me I could do it so now it's my turn to return the favor." I said.

"You don't have to worry about paying no bills here this my house I got it, I want you to focus on getting back on your feet and getting your mental right." I added.

"Thank you so much son I appreciate everything seriously. I thank God for blessing me with you and your mama boy I do." He said.

I seen a tear drop from his face.

My moms always says I remind her of my pops, I finally see why he's not scared to show emotion and he's definitely not scared to tell them either. Real one for sure.

"You took care of me, you were forced out of my life by the feds it's not like you walked out on me." I said.

"I would never I vow to that Breon." He said.

"I hope so pops." I said sighing.

"But how you think I should go about this proposal?" I asked.

"Well first let me meet her, let me talk to her for atleast a day. Then I say bring the whole family out to dinner act like it's all about my celebration for me being free then BOOM pop the question." He said.

"Hm.. I can use some of that for sure but I need something a little bigger cause she deserves it." I said.

"Make them bring out one of them cakes where you pour something over it and the ring shows." My pops said.

I instantly knew what he was talking about, I seen a video on Instagram the other day.

"That's a good idea." I said.

"Hm.. I got a couple things planned I'm lowkey nervous thinking about it. Like I been wanting to marry this girl from the first day I knew her." I said.

"She sounds like she's good for you son now I want you to make me this promise." He said.

"For sure." I said.

"Promise me you'll stay out of trouble and NEVER leave my grandchildren and make the same mistake as me." He said.

"I promise pops you got my word." I said.

"Good." He said.

AHHHH I know you looked at yo phone and thought you was dreaming huh? NO ITS REAL LIFE now vote & comment never know when I'm dropping YA DIGGGG

(Don't forget to read my other books, I may or may not drop a new one 👀 stay tuned)