12. Haldi!!!

Prerna's POV:

I washed my face and came out of the kitchen. Everyone started applying haldi to Kirti.

"We should play some music." One of our cousins said and everyone agreed.

"I'll play some." Varun said enthusiastically.

And song started,

'Banno ki Saheli, Resham ki Dori.....' I turned around to look at the speaker.

Aarav was standing at the speaker smirking at me. I can feel each word of the song.

I rolled my eyes and started helping Aunty. In a minute, I heard cheers from behind.

I turned back to see Aarav started dancing to the song pointing at me.....

'Banno Ki Saheli, Resham ki Dori....

Chup Chup ke Sharmaye, Dekhe Chori Chori.....

Ye Maane Ya Na Maine Main Toh Ispe Marr Gya....

Yeh Ladki Haaye Allah, Haaye Haaye re Allah!!!

Yeh Ladki Haaye Allah, Haaye Haaye re Allah!!!'

(Its an Bollywood Song)

I was shocked seeing him dance, coming towards me. He winked at me on the line Ye mane ya na mane...He was literally enjoying bullying me I guess. I ignored him as if I questioned his existence and left from there.

Aarav's POV:

'Main Toh Sach Main Marr Gya!!!'

I thought of attracting her towards me with my dance, but Prerna was not an easy girl. I got to know when she left without even giving me a smile. And on the other hand, other girls were dying to dance with me. She is different.

We completed all the rituals of Haldi and everyone was having their dinner. I saw Prerna sitting with Kirti. I went to meet my butterfly.

"Why you both are not having dinner?" I asked

"We want to but we both are tired. So we are resting. We'll have it in 5 mins." Kirti replied.

"Let me help you, beautiful ladies." I replied and went to bring food for them.

When I reached at the stalls, I heard someone calling my name. Its her voice!!!

I tilted my face to the right and she was standing beside me.

"I'll help you, or else you will bring all those dishes which we both don't like." She said when I looked at her.

"Ohh So you came to help me?" I asked teasing her

"No No No, Kirti told me to help you or else our plates will be filled with all unwanted dishes." She explained herself.

"Don't worry butterfly. I'll count this as a valid reason." I replied back smiling.

Teasing her was satisfying.

We both prepared 3 plates. She held one plate and I held the other two. She was placing all the dishes for me and her on the plates I was holding, and placing all favorite dishes of Kirti on the plate she was holding. It was a heart-melting moment. Her eyes used to light up seeing her favorite dishes. And my eyes used to light up seeing her happy. She picked Ladyfinger Dry Gravy and added one spoon to her plate and the other to mine saying "Masala Bhindi toh Jannat lagegi" (Lady Figer Dry Gravy is going to be as delicious as heaven.) The way she was smiling and her mouthwatering, I couldn't stop her.

We took all the dishes and left from the stalls.

"I'll hold my plate." Prerna said while taking her empty hand further.