Chapter Thirteen

Mila's P.O.V
Something always manages to happen just when you have it all figured out. My mother had somehow convinced me to let her stay the night. That's not what's bothering me. What's bothering is the fact that it's morning and she cooked breakfast. My mother, who cause a massacre of murders, cooked breakfast. I pick at the scrambled cheese eggs.
"They are edible you know.", she speaks up. I look up at her, realizing its like looking into a mirror. She looks exactly like me, and doesn't look a day over twenty. I wonder how many people thought she was me. Maybe that's why she's here. Maybe she's on the run and needs to switch places with someone.
"I was released, Mila. For goodness sake have some faith in your mother.", her voice rings with authority. I look back down at my plate.
"What brought you here?", I finally ask. I've been wondering that since she got here. Why did she have to come here?"
"I need to be around someone that I trust, and I trust you Mila. Before I got sent away we were so close. I need positivity in my life right now. Everyone had turned their back on me, you're all I have let.", tears fell from my mom's face as she talked. I've missed her in my life. I can't turn away from her, everyone has a past.
"Okay mom, you can stay here. But if you stay here you have to be up with the fashion."

Cameras flashed from outside the store as I helped my mom try on different clothes. They don't know who is who. Some people actually called my mom Mila. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. They should recognize me.
"I don't see how you do this everyday. Those people don't have a life of their own or something?", she asks. I laugh. "It comes with the territory.", I inform her. She scoffs. "Territory? I'll tell you what comes with the territory. My foot up somebody's ass if I get another camera shoved in my damn face.", she said with an attitude. I bust out laughing. That was the only way to tell me and my mom apart, out attitudes. We are like night and day when it comes to dealing with people. Mom's motto was: cuss first, manners later. Don't get me wrong she's quite the lady, but crossing her is suicide. I remember the day she found out one of her friends had a think for daddy.

*flashback*

Five year old Mila played with her dolls and listened to her mommy and Ms. Angie talk. But something was a little different.
"Girl you need to try some of these cookies before Benjamin (Mila's father) has a chance to eat them all.", Morgan (Mila's mother) said sweetly. Ms. Angie was a sucker for sweets, and Morgan was known all around the city for her cooking. Earlier that day Mila watched her mother cook like she always did, memorizing all off the ingredients. Today Morgan made special cookies and told Mila that they for only for Ms. Angie and her daddy. Mila saw her mom add in a new ingredient that she usually didn't use. Laxatives. A whole box of laxatives actually.
Ms. Angie ate seven macadamia nut cookies before she suddenly got up. "Um, I think I'll be going home now.", Ms. Angie said quickly.
"Leaving so soon? You just got here Angie. Mila was looking forward to your visit all day.", Morgan said with a smile. Ms. Angie was squirming like she had to pee. "I'll have to catch you another time.", she said. "You didn't like the cookies Angelia? You had seven, what happened? ", Morgan asked. "Nothing! I just uh, something came up.", Ms. Angie says with panic in her voice. She started bouncing lightly and held her legs close together. "Angie if it's about my cooking just tell me. Or maybe we can discuss what you and my husband were doing at his office last night?", Morgan's voice became cold. Angie's eyes widened. "That's right, I saw you two last night. Don't be shocked that I found out. I had the suspicion that he was cheating on me again. Imagine my surprise when I saw some underwear tucked in my baby's toy box, I don't wear Citi Trend's 99 cent panties. But know someone who does. So how do you feel now? Feeling shitty yet?", as the last words left Morgan's mouth, a foul smell fill the air. Mila watched as a greenish brown liquid ran down Ms. Angie's let and onto the carpet. Morgan raised an eyebrow. "Did you just shit on my floor?", Morgan asked. Morgan laughs echoed off the walls and tears fell from her eyes. Angie inched herself away towards the front door. "How are you getting home sweetie? The neighbors are on vacation, your car got towed, and I don't think you want Benjamin to see you this way.", Morgan was still laughing. She finally managed to stop. "The nearest gas station is about 10 miles. Be careful though, some college students around this way are have a block party. That's the only way trough.", Morgan started laughing again, and Angie walked away in shame.
*present*

"I can't believe you still remember that. You remember when your daddy ate the rest of the tray.", she said laughing. Daddy was on the toilet all night. He thought it was one of the hamburgers he grilled.
"Didn't He wipe himself sore? He couldn't walk without hurting for two weeks.", I said. We both laughed at the memory at daddy wincing with every step he took.
"Speaking of, how you talked to your sister.", mom asked. "Not recently, I don't want to either.", I say. "I'm glad that's not my child, but don't let me and Angie stop you from having a relationship with your sister.", she replied. One of the reason mama and Ms. Angie became friends was because she had a three year old named Elisa. So it was something they had in common, but Ms. Angie had more in common with her than she thought. She didn't find out until she and my dad were going through their divorce. I was ten, and Elisa was eight. Elisa already knew he he was though. But because my mom got sent away went I was sixteen she doesn't know about the wedding or Dorian. I gave her quick fill in while she tried on more clothes. I watched her facial expressions as I told her the things that happened with me up until she found me at the spa last night.
"So out of nowhere he just comes to your house. Where did he even get your address?", mama asked. "I don't even know. I would think it has something to do with Elisa. He didn't show up until after she called trying to apologize.", I express.

After a day of shopping we finally arrived home. Mama is styling now. At the last minute I found out I have a screening to go to tomorrow night, and asked mama if she wanted to be my plus one. Her reply "Hell No", She was going with me. She just didn't know it yet.
"So what do you want for dinner?", mama asked. I have a taste for nachos and she does the best nacho bowl.
"I'm in the mood for nachos.", I say.
"Okay sweetie. Just give me thirty-five minutes.", she says walking into the kitchen. There is a rapid knock on the front door.
"I'll come and help in a second." I yell loud enough for her to hear me. I walk to the door and open it without looking.
"We need to talk.", Christian said, sounding mad as hell. I look at the the person beside him and I completely understand why. There, as plain as day is Dorian. There is no way this is gonna end well. I move aside and let them the both in. I take a deep breath before closing the. I follow them to the living room. They don't sit down, just stand with they're eyes on me.
"I don't share what's mine. So you need to make a choice.", Christian spoke in a serious tone. I walk closer to him. I look him in his eyes. "What if I don't want to choose?", the words flowed from my lips.