𝐓𝐖𝐎

"I HAD a lot of fun last night Silas, maybe we could do it again another time?" A woman said to the twenty-seven year old man as she stood in his doorway

"No, I don't double back," Silas replied simply before closing the door in her face, leaving the random woman stuck.

He blows out a sharp breath as he walks back to his bedroom, going to his bathroom to turn on his shower.

As he waits for the water to get hot, he goes back out to his bedroom to remove the sheets, making a mental note to text his maid to have those washed and to put new ones on the bed.

By the time he was done with that, his shower was ready so he walked to his bathroom, stripped himself of the shorts he wore before stepping inside.

He allowed the hot water to roll down his chiseled body, unintentionally falling deeply into thought.

This was an everyday routine for Silas, he felt as if he were living in a simulation.

Wake-up, walk a woman out, shower, go to work, go home, drink, call up one is his women, fuck, sleep, repeat.

He knew the women didn't actually want him, they never did.

They only wanted his money, his fame, and his last name.

They were using him.

And he hated to admit it, but he allowed them to.

The male doesn't want to admit it, but he's lonely, he allows these women to use him to fill a void but the reality is, if he continues the way he does, that void will become an endless cycle, and will never be filled.

He hated his solitude, he wanted to have someone around him.

But he was guessing that he would have to get comfortable with it, because it was looking like there was no one out there who truly wanted him.

So, he would stick to the careless flings and the no strings attached romances.

He was sick of it, but he would never change it, because it was simple.

He liked simple, it removed chaos.

His life was once chaotic, but he wouldn't want to go back to that.

Because with chaos, comes pain.

Pain...Pain was something that Silas was all to familiar with.

Sure, physical pain hurt like hell, but emotional pain? Made you want to end everything, and at a point in his life, Silas did.

Grief was something he wouldn't wish on his worst enemy, you truly didn't know that until it happened to you.

"Silas, you late as hell ain't you?" Silas's bestfriend, Julius, asked when Silas entered his office.

Silas just gave him a look, he didn't have time to deal with Julius's antics.

Silas was the owner of a tech company, one that was previously owned by his father.

Silas grew up the oldest of three, so when he grew of age, the company went to him.

"Damn, who pissed in your cereal?"

"My bad," Silas told his friend as he sat down, annoyance washing over his body when he saw how many meeting he had that day.

"You good, you still coming to that after party?"

"I don't know, my publicist trying get me to go too, I might," Silas answered honestly.

Parties weren't usually his scene, but his publicist wanted him to go to try to get him to become less of a mystery to the public.

"What is it an after party for?"

"Some type of fashion show or some shit, all I know is everybody be stepping out, so it only right we do the same,"

"Alright, I'll go,"

"How the wedding planning going?"

"It's cool, wedding planner been working hard as hell but Esme still stressed, you know how she get, we finishing shit off tho, so we still good for next month," Julius answered, speaking of his now fiancé.

"That's good, can't believe yo' ass getting married, that's crazy," Silas said as he leaned back in his chair.

"Ain't it? Would've thought you would have gotten married before me,"

"For real?" Silas asked him, his eyebrows raised.

"Hell yeah, you know you was always more put together than me,"

"I mean...money wise, yeah. But mentally? You had that shit instilled in you, while I had to face reality when I got older," Silas said honestly.

"I get that, but you know, it ain't too late man,"

"What you mean?"

"To get yo' shit together man, you got the money part on lock, but youn' want a wife, and some more kids, you know, living the family life,"

"I mean...I did, I almost had it, but after I lost her, I lost myself too, just been tryna' get back on track," Silas replied.

"I get that, grief takes time. But if we being real, the way you handling it ain't healthy bro," Julius said, truly just wanting better for his friend.

"All this fucking bitches, getting drunk everyday shit ain't it man, it's healthier ways to get through it," Julius finished off, Silas taking in every word.

"I'm good where I'm at, let me grieve how I grieve," Silas brushed off, though Julius's words out thing into perspective for him .

"...ight bruh," Julius shook his head, he would always try to help his friend. But he couldn't help someone who didn't want to be.

 But he couldn't help someone who didn't want to be