𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

"I JUST ENJOYYYYY, your sense of humor, you're like a tumor, you're in my head all dayyyy!" Cleo and Sasha sung in unison as Cleo dug through Sasha's closet, finding the girl an outfit for her date later

"This song HAS to play at my wedding, I don't careeee," Cleo said as she walked out of the closet with a tan colored dress in hand.

"Girl I wished at played it at mine, it would've hitttt," Sasha frowned.

"Your wedding playlist did eat though, like the princess & the frog soundtrack? tuh," Cleo said causing Sasha to laugh.

"Speaking of wedding though, where did you and Silas go after that wedding?" Sasha asked curiously as she watched Cleo lay on the bed she was already spread out on.

Cleo just let out a deep sigh.

"We went out, walked all around downtown, went to a couple shops. It honestly felt like something straight out of a movie almost. Like...I don't know," Cleo smiled shyly.

"And he's so sweet Sasha, and we talked about his hoe situation, I'm still a little iffy about that but still,"

"Awwwww, Cleo!" Sasha cooed causing Cleo to laugh.

"So you're still talking to him...right?" Sasha asked.

"..." Cleo just remained silent.

"Cleo!"

"It's not my fault though! We exchanged numbers and everything but he never texted me, I even sent him a message and got left on read,"

"Oh wow, okay then, who he feeling like?" Sasha asked with her face scrunched up.

"Right!" She agreed.

"I was a little hurt because I was actually feeling him, but it's whatever, ain't nothing I ain't used to,"

"She was cool, funny, and she pretty as hell bro. Ian' never met a woman like her, if we being real," Silas admitted to Julius over the phone as he packed up his belongings at work.

"'ight, I see you. So what you do after that? You planned a date or sum? You gotta' lock that in, man," Julius asked.

"I got her number...but ian' plan nothing after that," Silas replied causing Julius to scrunch his face up.

"Did you at least text her?"

"...Nah, She texted me but I ain't reply back," Silas answered, already prepared to get lectured by his friend, again.

"So you left her on read?"

"Yeah," Silas replied and the line went silent for a moment.

"...Why the fuck would you do that? She probably thinking youn' want her and shit," Julius stressed.

"Why you keep doing this to yourself? I don't understand that shit," Julius asked seriously.

"It got something to do with Becca? With Sienna?"

"Come on man, don't do that-

"Nah Silas, 'cause I'm trying to understand. I know that shit touchy for you but acting like they never existed ain't gon' help. You gotta' get yo' shit together,"  Julius expressed, Silas just sat back in his chair as thoughts of the two girls flooded his mind.

"They were here Silas. They walked this earth right along with you, just come to terms with the fact that Sienna isn't here anymore, it ain't like she was never there,"

"I know you hurt, shit, I'm still hurt over that shit, but sabotaging yourself and punishing yourself for it ain't right, and it sure as hell ain't gon' change nothing,"

"It wasn't your fault, Silas. It was never your fault, fuck what Becca said. She was hurt, and she wanted someone to blame and you were there,"

"Nah, It was my fault, I should've-

"Ain't shit you could've done that would've changed that Silas, nothing! It's not your fault. You been holding that guilt for too fucking long man,"

Silas couldn't help but allow the stray tear to roll down his face, he was hurt and he had been holding the guilt of his daughter's death on himself for years now.

It wasn't long before he broke, allowing the sobs that had built up in himself over years to finally be released.

Sienna passed because she and her father had been in a terrible car accident.

Silas was driving, and a drunk trunk driver had ran a light and collided with their car.

Silas had suffered a few broken bones while Sienna, unfortunately, passed away at the age of four.

It had been four years since the accident, and Silas had never truly accepted that it was not his fault.

Mainly because when Sienna's mother, Rebecca, found out, she blamed Silas.

She said that he was irresponsible, that he should've paid attention, and many more worse things.

And honestly, that tore him apart, but he wouldn't dare show that on the outside.

At least not until now.

Silas only went ghost on Cleo because she was good. 

Too good for him, or at least that was how he felt

So he'd spare her the stress and he'd spare himself the loss, because he knew that he'd lose her eventually.

He just knew that he'd run her off, or she'd go tired of him, so he wouldn't even bother.

Sorry for the shortness!!! I've been finding it so hard to write lately

thoughts? 💭