Ladybug POV

I swung across the air, the traffic below my feet completely still. An orange shadow casted upon the skies, darkening the empty streets with a tense atmosphere, screams and cries echoing on all directions, overwhelming all my senses. My mind raced almost as fast as the blood in my veins, my heart pumping it so harshly I could feel it pulsing in my arms. Smoke leeched into the air, fire consuming various buildings with its burning hunger. Adrenaline surged through me, my bloody face and tired limbs aching, begging for rest. Behind me, Sandboy stood, his eyes digging into the back of my skull, and with its ghostly fingers taking my biggest fears for treat. I focused solely on what was in front of me, desperately trying to keep him from entering the shadowed place in my mind even I feared to stumble upon. 

"Ladybug, you need to come here, right now!" Chat Noir screamed into the coms. "I don't know how long I can hold it!" I looked on all directions, searching for where he was, my eyes falling upon a three floor building that slowly collapsed into itself. I raced towards it, my eyes trained on the dark figure holding it with both hands. The building was a daycare.I lowered myself to his side, evacuating the children staring at the sight. 

I screamed at the nearby adults to get as many kids out of there as possible, and wrapped my yo-yo string around the crumbling structure, doing the same around another building for support. With all my might, ignoring the acidic tiredness eating my muscles, I pulled towards me, lifting the building just enough to get it to stand on its previous placement. As the burden was released from his body, Chat fell onto the floor, weakened and groaning in pain. I walked towards him, "You good?" I said, offering my hand as I chuckled. He took it. "Peachy," He kissed my hand, with both arms in front of him, "If I knew all I had to do to feel this good was to hold a whole ass building with nothing but my hands, I would've done it ages ago." I rolled my eyes at his tasteless joke as he chuckled lightly. 

But then I remembered, and the smirk that played at my lips faded just as quickly as it came. I turned to him, staring into his green eyes. He noticed the change in the atmosphere, looking  back at me with a swirling mix of confusion and worry. "What is it?" He asked. "Whatever we do, we can't-" I shook my head, "-I can't allow myself to get hit by Sandboy." He tilted his head, the emerald in his eyes glistening with confusion as he waited for me to continue. I didn't. 

"Well, that was always the plan. Why do you say it now?" He asked, his attention focused on my every move. He could read me like a book, I knew that. Whatever I tried to keep from him felt like a capital crime, a new form of betrayal that would do more than make his heart bleed with disappointment. But I knew him too, more than I knew myself. I knew the guilt it would carry was going to eat at him, no matter how carefully I explained what happened to him. I couldn't do that to him, despite knowing he had a right to that information, he had a right to know. 

If he did know, he would understand me better, understand why I was so hesitant to reveal who I truly was. He already did, but this would make him completely sure of it. I couldn't bring myself to do that. To crush him that way, it was wrong. He would be angry, sad, disappointed. I cared little of what he would say or do to me, for he was justified. What worried me was not us, but him. He had always struggled to keep everything under control, to dig a grave for his feelings never to be uncovered. He was genuine that way, honored his feelings in a way I could never. This... it would affect him too much. Then the story would repeat. 

 I had my hands wrapped around me, so deep within my thoughts that I breathed them in, holding them in my blood, my lungs, my heart, so deep I would drown in them. "If I do get hit, what will appear is something that we will not be able to defeat. He's far too powerful. He destroyed the world." I stopped myself, unwilling to tell him anything too detailed. I lifted my head to look at him. "I barely came out alive last time, and that was with Bunnix by my side."He leaned in ever so slightly, narrowing his eyes a little. My heart sank, realising I told him too much. "Okay." He said, turning to see rubble falling from a building, but looking back at me just as quickly. 

"We gotta go."

----

𝗚𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗪𝗛𝗢'𝗦 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞, 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡

𝗦𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗘'𝗦 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞, 𝗧𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗔 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗

𝗜'𝗠 𝗦𝗢 𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗢 𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘, 𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝟮𝟬 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗡 𝗥𝗡

𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀,

𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝘁, 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽, 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗡!! 𝗜𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗠𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗥!!!

𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 <𝟯-𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵