02

All the students were standing in the line as it was now the turn of our Aarohi to present her performance in front of the whole college. She could see the chief guest who was sitting in the front row in the middle just in front of her.

He was wearing a black formal dress as his hair were well settled and he was wearing sunglasses and was scrolling through his phone. She sighed as she understood that he is forcefully sitting and has no interest in this function.

She sat on the chair and bought mic near her face. Everyone applaud for her as they know how good she is at singing and playing guitar. Esha was their to give background music but it was not needed so Esha decided to perform with Nikhil.

As she began singing, she closed her eyes not to get distracted and she got lost in her singing. On the other hand, as soon as her voice reached Avinash's ears, he instantly looked up and for a moment he felt lost.

ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया
ओ, रे पिया, हाय

ओ, रे पिया
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया

उड़ने लगा क्यूँ मन बावला रे?
आया कहाँ से ये हौसला रे?

ओ, रे पिया
ओ, रे पिया, हाय

ताना-बाना, ताना-बाना बुनती हवा, हाय, बुनती हवा
बूँदें भी तो आएँ नहीं बाज़ यहाँ, हाय
साज़िश में शामिल सारा जहाँ है
हर ज़र्रे-ज़र्रे की ये इल्तिजा है

ओ, रे पिया
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया

धि-ने, धे-रे-गा, धे-गा-मा, म-मा-पा, प-पा-मा-गा-रे-सा
सा-रे-रे-सा, गा-गा-रे, मा-मा-गा, पा-पा-मा, धा-धा-पा, नि-नि-सा-गा-मा
प, ग, म, प, ध-नि-ध-नि, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध, ध

नज़रें बोलें, दुनिया बोले दिल की ज़बाँ, हाय, दिल की जबाँ
इश्क़ माँगे, इश्क़ चाहे कोई तूफ़ान, हाय
चलना आहिस्ते, इश्क़ नया है
पहला ये वादा हमने किया है

ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया
पिया, रे पिया

नंगे पैरों पे अँगारों चलती रही, हाय, चलती रही
लगता है कि ग़ैरों में मैं पलती रही, हाय
ले चल वहाँ जो मुल्क तेरा है
जाहिल ज़माना दुश्मन मेरा है

ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया, हाय
ओ, रे पिया, हाय

ओ, रे पिया
ओ, रे पिया
ओ, रे पिया

Her small face, button like nose, closed eyes and moving lips attracted him and the thing that attracted him the most was her voice and her skills of playing guitar. He himself is a great singer but only few people know about it.

He couldn't take his eyes off from her and didn't got to know when the performance ended. Everyone hooted as she stood up with a smile and went off the stage after thanking everyone.

Avinash's eyes followed her until she disappeared in the crowd. He shrugged the thoughts off and decided to leave since the performances were over with the best performance of Aarohi at last.

He went towards the parking area and was about to sit in his Porche when he saw Aarohi standing near her Bugatti, while talking to someone on her phone. He looked at her as she was leaning against her car facing him but looking down at her feet.

He wanted to approach her but his guards didn't let him so he decided to go back to his mansion. Meanwhile here Aarohi was talking with her brother on call "Haa bhai, performance acchi gayi but jo chief guest tha pta nahi kyu bahut rude tha. Mtlb usne ek bhi baar kisi ki performance notice hi ni ki, or bss apne mobile me lge hue the" she complained as her brother chuckled

"It's okay Aaru, anyways don't forget to have dinner before going home. Mumma is not at home, she is out with Baba in a business party so I'll send you food at your doorsteps okay?" She smiled widely. "You're best Bhai" he chuckled

"When will you be back from Hyderabad?" She asked as he replied "Next month for sure" she smiled "Okay Bhai, I'll hang up now. I need to get my reward anyways" he hummed "Okay Aaru. Bye. And have your food and text me when you recieve it" she replied "Sure" and hung up the call.

After receiving her award as the best performer from another chief guest, she returned back home. She opened the door to meet the silence as she was usual to it. Her life seems complete and happy but in this era, not the richest person is happy.

She is mostly used to this silence, the feeling of being alone since her parents are out mostly either for business trip or parties. In morning she have to go to university so she couldn't spend time well. Only her brother understands every feeling of her and she consider him as her bestest friend.

She went to change into tank top and shorts and soon the food was delivered. She took it from the delivery guy and settled on the chair at the kitchen counter. She opened the food and clicked the photo of it and sent to her brother with a text 'Thank you Bhai. Love you' with a red heart emoji and cat kiss emoji (❤️😽) to which he replied 'Eat it properly and sleep well' as she smiled.

She digged in her food while watching series on her iPad.