Chapter Twelve: Virgil's Really Big Rescue!

"Uh, guys? Not so good news." Kayo says, "My fuel tanks are really low, maybe ten minutes left."

"Can you put her down without landing gear?" John suggests, "Empty the fuel tanks to make the plane lighter. There might be relatively little collateral damage."

"The Hood punctured a fuel tank in the cargo hold. All that fuel's in the belly of the plane." Kayo says, "A spark there could turn FireFlash into fireball."

"Ugh. We need Thunderbird Two." Scott says, "They'll never make it in time."

"Scott, don't be mad." Phoebe explains.

"What is it?" Scott asks.

"Actually, we left right after you." Virgil announces, "Sorry, we didn't really feel like waiting."

"Uncle Virgil!" Willow exclaims.

"Yes!" Luna exclaims.

"Well, it's a good thing you didn't." Scott states, "Now, we don't have a moment to spare."

"Alright, here's the plan. Alan, Gordon, can you configure a couple of pods as landing gear?" Phoebe asks. Everyone got quiet. Phoebe wasn't the leader so it was surprising.

"Well, answer her." Scott replies.

"Just because I'm on Tracy Island on slight bed rest doesn't mean I can't assist via holocall." Phoebe explains.

"She's got a point." Scott replies.

"Whatever brings my daughters home in one piece." Phoebe explains, "So that being said, landing pods?"

"F-A-B!" Alan and Gordon exclaims. Gordon's eyes are shown up close as he is dropped down into the module. Alan and Gordon rig up pods. They get inside as the landing gear is sat on top of the pod.

"Ground-based landing gear is ready to roll." Gordon announces.

"F-A-B." Virgil confirms, "Setting the module down now. Standby for Touchdown." Virgil sets down the module box and he lifts up and then uses his vertical thrusters to lift off the ground completely and he takes off, moving out of the way.

"F-A-B." Gordon confirms.

"Pods deployed!" Alan yells out.

"We're ready for you, Kayo." Gordon states.

"I'm on approach now." Kayo explains.

"Kayo, you're coming in way too hot." Phoebe announces, "Slow down to just above stall speed."

"These pods aren't built for racing. I don't even think it can match your speed." Gordon adds.

"You guys need to work on your confidence building skills boys." Kayo teases.

"Raise the pads." Phoebe explains. She watches and move some of the hologram screens around, "Alan, move two meters to your right." Alan turns the pod slightly to move.

"Gordon, you need to gain four meters on Alan." Phoebe announces and Gordon speeds up, "Easy..."

"Easy there..." Scott states in unison.

"Kayo, cut your speed a few more knots." Phoebe orders. FireFlash makes contact with Alan and Gordon's pods and they begin working on slowing down.

"It worked!" Gordon exclaims.

"Yeah!" Alan exclaims with a laugh.

"Well done." Virgil states.

"Whew..." Phoebe explains. They continue trying to slow down and Gordon feels the pod getting squished. He looks up and his eyes widened in shock as he panics a little.