Chapter Nineteen: Quetacha Mountains!

[A Few Days Later - Thunderbird Two]

"F-A-B, Thunderbird Five." Virgil says, "This is Thunderbird Two descending on the Quetacha Mountains."

"I don't see a mine." Willow explains.

""That's because it's buried under the landslide along with half the crew." John explains as he was looking at things.

"We'll get 'em out. Gordon is rigging up a pod now." Virgil announces.

"And it's a beauty!" Gordon exclaims as he climbs into his pod. Virgil lowers Thunderbird Two to the ground and hits the button to release the module. Gordon rolls out of the module before Virgil flies back up. Gordon heads over and moves a few rocks out of the way before checking out debris.

"Okay, Virgil, I got a good look at the rock face. If you hit this just right, you should be able to pull away the obstruction all at once." Gordon explains.

"Marking contact points for Uncle Virgil!" Willow exclaims.

"Locked on. Gordon, you best clear out." Virgil suggests. Virgil fires off the grapples and he locks onto the giant rock. Virgil moves Thunderbird Two and he lifts the giant rock a little off the ground. Gordon notices something.

"What is that?" Gordon asks.

"Uh, it's a lot bigger than I thought!" Virgil exclaims.

"Uncle Gordon, get out now!" Willow exclaims. Gordon pushes the rock slightly.

"Easy there, big fella." Gordon states and Virgil manages to fly over the small river nearby.

"Okay, releasing the rock." Virgil states. The rock falls after Virgil hits the button.

"Shaft is clear, all miners accounted for. Mission complete." Virgil explains. Gordon doesn't reply as he was looking at something.

"Uncle Gordon, are you okay?" Willow asks.

"I'm fine. But are you getting this?" Gordon asks, "Some kind of carved message."

"Cross-checking with the database of ancient languages." John explains.

"Is it some old language?" Willow asks.

"It is. It's from the Quetacha tribe. They ruled this area around 1100." John explains.

"Forget the history lesson, what does it say?" Gordon asks.

"It says, 'This is the pyramid of Sapa Quepanqui, the laughing king, who dares disturb my peace will join me in my tomb'." John translates.

"That... sounds scary." Willow states.

[Five Months Later]

Lady Penelope and Parker arrive at the tomb together. They were introduced to Professor Harold and were there to see what historical significance it held.

"Five Months ago, the pyramid International Rescue uncovered turned out to be a major archeological find over 1,000 years old." Professor Harold begins.

"Professor Harold, as a monitor for the World Heritage Society, I'm a firm supporter in unearthing our past." Lady Penelope replies.

"We've made a lot of progress in the last three months, but there's still a long way to go." Harold explains.

"Like the road back to civilization." Parker complains.

"So, I'm looking forward to seeing the carvings and hieroglyphics I've heard so much about." Lady Penelope states.

"You mean the curse." Parker mutters.

"Primitive superstition." Professor Harold responds, "It's just to stop treasure hunters." He walks away.