Chapter Sixteen: It Wants To Play!

The two enter the train and head over to the engineer. Scott introduces them. Brains was still muttering trying to cope with all the stress and fear. Scott could hear his daughters giggling in his ear.

"Hi, we're International Rescue." Scott explains.

"Boy, am I glad to see you." The engineer announces.

"Negative to positive; positive to negative." Brains mutters into their faces.

"Not so sure about you." The engineer states.

[Tracy Island]

Phoebe watches Grandma Tracy bang a can of something on the counter. MAX rolls over to Grandma Tracy who looks at MAX.

"What do you want?" Grandma Tracy asks. MAX whirls at her.

"Why don't I make something for Scott." Phoebe suggests.

"You want to cook?" Grandma Tracy asks.

"Yeah." Phoebe replies.

"Alright, but I'll stay in case you need my help." Grandma Tracy tells her. MAX offers his assistance.

"Yes, you can help too, MAX." Phoebe says.

[The Train]

Brains begins taking the train apart. Scott looks at the Engineer as they watch Brains.

"Okay, the voltage scan checks out and the conductor nodes have been bypassed." Brains mutters to himself.

"Once he's in his element, he's fine." Scott states.

"If you say so." The engineer explains.

"We'll be slowing down in three... two... one..." Brains states and presses a button but nothing happens, "Come on. In three... two..." Some electricity fizzes making him drop the remote.

"OUCH! It should have worked!" Brains exclaims, "It was the train's computer. There is no other explanation. Scott, I did everything–" Brains looks up at Scott and the engineer.

"Okay, I get it." Scott assures him, "It wasn't your fault but we still need to slow down or we'll hit that train. What's your Plan B?"

"Plan B?" Brains asks. The group freaks out. Scott and the engineer head back to the controls.

"Thunderbird Five, can we be switched to another track?" Scott asks.

[Thunderbird Five]

John pulls up the track in his holo-view as he floats inside Thunderbird Five.

"There is a switching point ahead of you, but–" John begins.

"Will we hit the other train before we can get there?" Scott asks.

"With you at full throttle? Afraid so. If you could slow down... even just a little." John warns.

"There's no way. I tried." The engineer explains, "Whatever is messing with the computer, has us locked out. And it's countering every move we make."

"Countering..." Phoebe mutters.

[The Train]

"Let me worry about that. What about adding more weight to the train, Scott?" John suggests, "Maybe land Thunderbird One on top of it?"

"It'd fall off." Scott explains.

"What if you used Thunderbird One's thrusters to pull it back long enough to do the switch?" Phoebe suggests.

"You're a beautiful genius!" Scott exclaims and rushes up to the top of the train. Scott turns Thunderbird One around and Scott and Brains duck down to avoid getting hit with the thruster exhaust. Scott powers up Thunderbird One's thrusters.