Chapter 10: It's Just the Beginning

"It's been an entire year, and that bastard is still kicking and scheming. Better take what can grab and return to the server."

You found yourself through what appears to be an area comprised of data. You searched through it and found both information on potential Black Knight recruits and schematics for machines that will attack Britannia.

You took the schematics and the information before the system detected an unauthorized entity. You escaped the search and destroy program and returned to your server, where you inputted the data and looked around to see the entire room is made of data.

"This room is connected to a hidden base in the real world. The base that held Genesis and has activated upon my revival. My mind was rebuilt when I linked myself to the server my father constructed, but my new body needs a little more time to rebuild."

You hacked into the new surveillance system created for Japan and saw the civilians going about their lives as if there was nothing. Even with the monitor robots Sarah made to enforce her rule, they do not question or fear it.

"Sarah managed to create a device to control the thoughts of people, and they are using them to help construct whatever she needs to attack the Holy Britannian Empire. She's considered them an obstacle to her plans. Though there are some she allowed to become immune for one purpose or another."

You brought up images of Kallen, Lelouch, Nunnally, and even Suzaku.

"She brought back Suzaku and altered his memories so he'd work under her. Meanwhile, Lelouch is forced to give up being Zero since she's holding Nunally at gunpoint. I need to free her. Only then will Lelouch take up the mantle of Zero once again."

The alert alarm went off, and the monitors show Babel Tower under attack.

"The Black Knights found Lelouch. I better show them that I'm still alive. I owe that much to Kallen."

At Babel Tower, Kallen pointed a gun at a despondent Lelouch, who doesn't even react.

Lelouch: "You must've found out who I am. How?"

Kallen: "C.C. told me. Now, do you truly wish to free Japan?"

Lelouch: "If it meant a better world for my sister to live in, yes."

Kallen: "I trust Zero that I carried out every single order. Then Null revealed everything to me and I trusted him too. But now he's gone, so Zero is the only one left to bring inspiration to others."

Lelouch: "There's no point in fighting an enemy even stronger than Britannia. They've conquered Japan without anyone even knowing."

Kallen: "Which is why the Black Knights need Zero more than ever!"

Lelouch: "The Black Knights are finished, Kallen!"

Kallen stood in silence, shocked.

Lelouch: "We've already lost. This damn Myriad has everyone's minds under her control. Even if we try to speak out, they won't hear us. Besides, she's taken Nunnally hostage. She tortured her and now she'll kill her if I go against her."

The screens next to them glitch out and showed your symbol.

"I can help you get Nunnally back."

Lelouch: "Null?!"

Kallen: "Null?! Where the fuck have you been? Is this a trick?"

"It's no trick. I've been trying to get information to take down the Myriad system and fight back, but I won't be able to do this alone. Besides, my body suffered massive damage and I needed time to repair it. Lelouch, the people need Zero to show them that the only chance they have to be free is to stand together. Lead the Black Knights once again and we'll take Nunnally to a place where she'll be safe. I promise."

Lelouch looked down for a few minutes and eventually looked up at the screens.

Lelouch: "You help me create a world where Nunnally will never suffer again. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes. And Kallen, I understand your anger toward me, and I will explain everything."

Kallen: "It better be a good one. We've been on our own for a year."

"Escape, and we'll make sure no one is oppressed ever again. This is just the beginning."

You ended the communication and looked at a screen showing your body being rebuilt.

"Body rebuilding process, 98% complete," the server said.

You then looked at a screen constructing a more advanced version of Genesis.

"Let's get to work."