-Chapter 5-

~Miles~

Miles had woken up feeling like every bone in his body had been broken, then replaced. Once the grogginess cleared slightly Miles looked around him, the room he was in was small, white, and had a bunch of machines making weird beeping noises. A hospital? Miles found himself unable to recall how he'd got there, he felt like he was forgetting something important. Or someone.

Miles's eyes flickered up as he spotted in the corner of the room, a chair, with a little girl- with long black hair, fair skin, freckles, and old scruffy clothes- lying on it. Eloise. Miles found his lips tugging up at the corners in to a small smile.

His eyes narrowed as he struggled to remember what had happened for them to end up there. He remembered his desperation, and the screaming. He chewed his cheek anxiously.

"Miles?" A nurse wearing a blue shirt, and white trousers walked into the room. Miles straitened his back as the nurse gave him a warm, pitiful smile, which made Miles feel unexplainably uncomfortable. "Uh, yeah hi," he replied his voice hoarse, his eyes flashing from the nurse to his sister. The nurse seemed to notice this as she looked over to Eloise and smiled, spitefully? "She's ok, gave us all a fright when she showed up though!" The nurse chuckled slightly, her eyes narrowed. Miles looked back at the strange nurse. "How did I, uh," Miles cleared his throat. "Get here?"

The nurse smiled that same strangely vicious smile at him, "Your sister came here, got a nurse to help carry you. You were out cold, we had no clue what had caused your, condition," she explained. Miles nodded, his eyes fixed on his hands as he played with the white, sanitised bedsheet. The nurse came closer, and sat on the bed were his legs lay.

Miles felt alert, his body tensed as he struggled his eyes up to look at the women. She smiled at him and rested her hand on his causing Miles to bite his cheek. "We aren't going to hurt you Miles. We just hoped you could explain," she paused, and glanced back at Eloise, sleeping in her chair. She looked back at him and smiled, almost excitedly, "Explain what she did."

Miles pulled his hand away and pushed himself away from the nurse, "Wh- What do you mean?" Eloise didn't-" he was interrupted as the door swung open and the familiar smell of alcohol and smoke entered the room. He gagged as the smell re-clogged his nose, noticing slightly that Eloise had begun to stir, her eyes slightly open. The nurse frowned, at the sight of Miles's intoxicated mum entering the room, before turning back to him, and smiling lightly, pity plastered her face as if Miles was just a clueless child, which he technically was.

--------------------------☆--------------------------

~Percy~

Once Percy got over the fact his Latin teacher- Mr Brunner- was a horse- Chiron- he could focus a little on what he was saying. "Over here is the volleyball pit," Chiron said gesturing towards it. Percy followed his gaze, noticing how all the campers seemed to stop and look at him, then whisper to their friend. "That's him," one whispered, another pointed at the Minotaur horn he held tightly in his hands. Percy noted that most of the campers were older then him, and their satyr friends bigger than Grover. Everyone wore orange shirts which said CAMP HALF-BLOOD on them in black, which surrounded a black Pegasus in the middle.

Percy wasn't normally shy, but the way everyone stared definitely made him uncomfortable. Percy diverted his gaze back to the farmhouse, or Big house as he'd heard other people call it, it was a lot bigger then Percy had realised, four storeys tall, sky blue with white trim. As Percy studied the building, something caught his eye, a shadow in the uppermost window of the attic gable. Something had moved a curtain, just for a second. Percy felt like he was being watched.