𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland, November 22nd, 2014

Percy Jackson was panicking. For a demigod who'd been thrown into so many life-risking situations, he rarely got to the level of panic, one might expect from those situations.

If someone saw the son of Poseidon at that moment, sprinting through the deserted corridors of a magic school, they'd do a double-take at the panic on the boy's face. Even the students of Hogwarts were giving him weird looks as he hightailed it towards his common room.

He slid to a stop outside of the portrait of Hestia, before muttering the words 'Chiron supremacy'. The frame swung open to reveal his blissfully ignorant girlfriend curled up on their couch with Damara, her kitten, asleep.

Percy moved towards her, "Lyra," he whispered, gently shaking her shoulders.

"Hmm?" She cracked one eye open blearily, "Percy?"

"You gotta wake up Love, I need to tell you something It's important." He lifted her legs off the couch before sitting down, placing them in his lap.

"What is it?" Her head tilted to look up at him."I know what the first task is." Damara hissed, falling onto the floor, as Lyra shot up, eyes wide.

"What? How?"

"I went out to go for a swim in the lake, and I saw flames coming from inside the forest. It's dragon's Lyra. They've got one for each of you." He watched sadly at the look of utter terror that flashed across his girlfriend's face.

"Dragon's," her voice came out so weakly, he could barely hear it. "Sil-"

"I know Ly, I know." Percy carded a hand through his girlfriend's hair, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her into his chest.

✶✷✶

The morning of the first task came much quicker than Lyra wanted. She'd barely gotten any sleep the night before, constantly waking up, with a scream on the tip of her tongue.