𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland, 2015

Unlike previous years, Lyra and Percy spent the last winter months relaxing instead of going on crazy quests and studying for exams. The students of Hogwarts would often come across the two running through the halls, laughing and shoving each other.

But that didn't mean they weren't struggling, the one-year mark of the war with Gaea was fast approaching, and Lyra's nightmares had become increasingly worse.

She woke most nights screaming, Tartarus's form burning behind her eyelids. Having Percy there made it better, but even he couldn't help, as he was having nightmares himself.

The impending third task was not helping the couple. Lyra was constantly on edge, biting her nails, a habit which she had broken years ago, and constantly switching her hair color.

Percy tried his best to keep her mind at ease, by cuddling with her in their common room and sneaking down into the kitchens to make cookies. Lyra had told him that she wanted to take a page out of Leo's book by stress baking. So far it had been a success, falling asleep with a stomach full of blue cookies was a special way to keep her nightmares away.

✶✷✶

Lyra couldn't help but compare the wizarding world to the demigod world. She'd been doing it since she enrolled at Illvermorny, but no one there really cared who her father was, and they kept their prejudices to themselves.

Illvermorny enforced inter-house unity, especially after the war with Grindlewald, America had suffered from that war and was not eager to enter another.

Yet, Hogwarts was different, to Lyra, it almost seemed as though house rivalry was encouraged. The teachers seemed just as involved in house prejudice as the students, and from whispers, the girl had heard, and her own observations, their headmaster also encouraged it. Greatly favoring Gryfindor house over the other three.