☁️YEJI'S STORY☁️

TW: Suicide

Yeji walked along the sidewalk, admiring the small pond that she passed by. There clouds up in the sky and everything was beautiful. It was dark and stars shined so brightly, making the sky light up.

Sadly, it wasn't her day off, and she was walking to the JYP building. She would have to face her boss again, get yelled at, and not eat more than she was supposed to.

How fun.

She was happy Hyunjin didn't have to go through this agonizing hell of a job, and she would've told him that. If it hadn't been too late, she would've told him everything.

While she was walking, she was listening to music. It seemed like her only sense of happiness these days. Hyunjin, her parents, and music. She didn't know why, but for some reason, Hyunjin always came first.

She thought that it was just a silly little thing that happens in every friendship, but he seemed like her top priority.

While she was lost in thought, she accidentally bumped into the JYP company buildings door. Her face scrunched up and she rubbed her forehead to soothe the pain.

She then walked into the building, looking around at the boring, plain color of the wall. It was the same color of a mental asylum...off white and just simply dull. She couldn't help but laugh lowly, to think that Hyunjin wanted to be here.

It might be better to be dead at this point, right? I mean, she gets hate all the time..her and Hyunjin barely talk.. it makes her think.

What's the point?

She sighed, then walked to the elevator, going up to her dance room to practice. The music played, her group rehearsed and then they went home. That's how everyday went. She's just happy they didn't have to do anything extra.

When she got home, she ran herself a warm bath. The container on her bathroom sink looked so...amusing for some reason.

When she took a bath she always felt so free. She liked swimming a lot, it always made her feel like she could do anything. She shook off the intrusive thoughts she was having.

But some of them still lingered, 'maybe life won't be so hard on the other side,' her mind would torment her about this topic.

She looked down at the water and thought to herself, 'it wouldn't be so bad to die here.' She got up and grabbed the container. She sat back in the bathtub, but she started to overthink.

'Would it be painful?'

'What about the backlash?'

'Would anyone care?'

'What about Hyunjin?'

This was the most important question to her. Her beloved Hyunjin... how would he feel I if she committed suicide? Her hands shook and the bottle dropped into the bathtub, making a little plop noise. She felt so ashamed.

So selfish that she would take her own life because of her own feelings. She didn't think about how Hyunjin would feel, her mom, her friends...

But then she thought again, would she rather be happy dead, or miserable alive?

She picked up the bottle and opened it with shaky hands, tears kept falling from her face as she slowly swallowed every single pill in the bottle.

She then leaned back in the water, her head just above it as she felt a smile appear on her face.

'I'm finally free...'

She thought while still crying. Slowly but surely as the meds got to her system, she closed her eyes and felt her organs failing. It hurt, it really did, but she still felt happy that she was finally leaving.

She then passed out when the pain became too much.

The next day, she still wasn't found. You would think that her company would ask where she was if she didn't arrive at work but no.

It seemed like no one even noticed. One person noticed though. Hyunjin.

When he didn't get her 'good morning' text that he usually got, he knew something was wrong. He went to her house and was surprised to find out that the door was unlocked. He opened the door and walked in, it was quiet and calm, almost like it was empty. But he assumed she was just sleeping and he walked upstairs to her room.

She wasn't there.

'Maybe she's in the bath?' He thought to himself. But when he knocked on the bathroom door, she didn't answer. He started to get worried since he saw her clothes on the bed. They were left there.

He decided to open the door out of concern, but when he did, he froze. Yejis head was under the water and she laid there unresponsive. Her face holding the smallest, almost unnoticeable smile.

He immediately broke down, calling the police. When they arrived, she was taken out the bathtub and escorted out of her apartment. Hyunjin watched with hot tears rolling down his face and he went home to cry in his mom's arms.

🥀CLOUD 9🥀

At the funeral, Hyunjin didn't show up. He couldn't show up. No matter how much his mom tried to convince him, he couldn't go. He just stayed at home, wrapped in his blankets as he cried his whole heart out.

When he was asked questions about her death, he would say, "If you're not involved in it, it's not your story to tell,"
And then he would simply walk away. The new had found out about her death and how she died. It was already everywhere but no one knew why she did it.

Since her death, it started to rain at lot. At least, Hyunjin noticed that it started to rain more than usual. He even noticed how much he stopped doing the things he loved. Painting, dancing, writing songs, he just quit. He felt like his motivation died with Yeji, and Yeji saw this too.

In the afterlife, Yeji watched over Hyunjin. She couldn't let him go, not even if she was dead. She felt bad whenever she would see him so depressed, not going outside and only going out of his room if he was hungry or had to use the bathroom.

It really stung her heart, and she wished he didn't have to find out she was dead like that.

Ever since then, she got an idea. She wanted Hyunjin to see her, so she tried everything. Picking things up, turning lights on and off, but Hyunjin never noticed. She even tried to touch him, his hair, his face, but all Hyunjin did was shiver and look around a bit.

But then one day, Just by standing near him and doing nothing but watching, he found her. He could see her.