THE BEGINNING

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.  

                                                                                    CHAPTER 1

                                                                                   The Beginning

Fear.

Fear was the only thing young Naruto was feeling as he was sprinting across the streets, randomly dodging jutsus thrown around by enemy shinobi and jumping across the corpses of the enemies and the shinobi of his village.

He was afraid, afraid for his clan, for his village, for his friends, but the most of all, he was afraid for the nice lady who had all but adopted him.

He stealthily made his way to her home, well, as stealthy a nine-year old can get. Inside what he saw changed him forever.

Shiroi oba-san was bloodied, blood covered all of her body as she lay there taking her last breaths, content of having defended her homeland to her last breath, the only thing she missed was her son in all but blood, her Naruto. Needless to say, she was surprised out of her mind when she saw him, body still as a statue, unable to contemplate what was going on.

"....cough-cough..Naruto, sochi.."

That broke Naruto out of his stupor, "K-kaa-chan?", he said, tears streaming down his face as he rushed to the most important person in his life, still unable to believe that she was dying.

"Sochi, come here", she weakly called out as she hugged Naruto tightly. "I know you must be scared, but you must promise me that you will stay strong."

"K-ka-chan, what are you saying, you will be alright, right? Please, don't go."

"I-its alright, son. I have defended my homeland to my death, my only regret is that I won't be able to see you grow and have the opportunity to nurture you, my little maelstrom."

Naruto was unable to form words as he kept hugging his mother, basking in the last of her warmth, which was slowly fading away.

"Now listen, you must escape from here, the exits are completely blocked, so you must pick a boat from the western coast and escape to the Land of Fire."

"but, but I cannot leave my home, our village will survive, right?"

"Our village is strong, but against the might of three great villages, we are overwhelmed, now promise me this, that you will live a long life befitting of an Uzumaki, and after you die, you can tell me of all the adventures you had."

"I-i promise ka-chan, i-i love you mom."

She smiled hearing those words from his mouth as she weakly spluttered, "I love you too, my beautiful child.", she said as she closed her eyes.

To Naruto, those were the sweetest words he had ever heard, but seeing her close her eyes, he finally snapped.

He was definitely not going to let his beloved mother rot here, he thought as he quickly brought a sealing scroll which he created himself, the scroll can preserve anything for an indefinite amount of time, it was this scroll that got him recognition and praise from even the Uzukage.

He quickly sealed her body and set his emotions aside for the moment as a determined look made its way to Naruto's face. His clan will not die out today, he will save all the people he could, after all, he was regarded as the most blessed Uzumaki child in the ninja arts.