The True Strength of Shinobi

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.

                                              Chapter 9

                         The True Strength of Shinobi

"Wait, WHAT?!"

"U-uumm, nii-san, m-me an-and Mi-inato-kun are n-now a couple..." said the redhead, with a cherry-red blush covering her pretty face. Beside her, the blonde in question stood with a small smile and a slight blush on his face.

Despite his outward composure, Minato couldn't shake the feeling of fear churning deep within him. It consumed him, gnawing at his confidence. Also, Naruto's blank expression did nothing to allay his concerns.

Naruto's face remained blank, and suddenly he unleashed his killing intent to the max, which had its unnatural effect on the surrounding plant and animal life.

Minato and Kushina were now sweating profusely. They were somewhat used to his intent to kill, but given the situation, and how important they deemed Naruto's approval for their relationship, they couldn't help but be worried. They did not want to lose what they had established, both with each other and with Naruto.

"Kushina..."

"W- WAIT, Nii-san! Please hear me out before you say anything. I just wanted to tell you that I really, really like Minato-kun. I know he was a little flaky in the beginning, but he's actually a very nice guy. And you know that better than anyone else, right? After all, he's your best friend. I trust him completely, so I hope you can unders..." Kushina's ranting was cut off in the middle as Naruto spoke again, this time much more loudly and firmly,

"KUSHINA!"

The said redhead immediately straightened up and shut her mouth, blushing embarrassedly that she had just said all that in public...

"W-what is it, nii-san" replied Kushina, ready to defend her relationship with Minato should anything go south.

With an unusual silly smile on his face, Naruto flashed a thumbs-up and exclaimed, "I approve!"

...

...

No one moved for a while...

Kushina blinked..

Minato blinked..

"W-what?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to say that I approve of your relationship with Minato." Naruto's face then adopted his usual indifferent expression as he continued, "Had it been anyone else, he would have long since disappeared under 'mysterious circumstances'."

"W-Wait a minute! So it was YOU who made all those annoying guys disappear!"

"That's right, thank you very much."

Kushina sighed, Naruto was a little too much on the overprotective side sometimes. Not that she minded it. She was perfectly happy now that she was with Minato, and Minato didn't disappear. So, it was alright with her.

Minato was inwardly celebrating that Naruto essentially got rid of his competition and approved of their relationship. Though he was inwardly scared just how did Naruto make those boys disappear.

"Then why did you try to scare us with your KI?"

"Oohh, that was just a little warning for my good friend Minato. You try to pull something funny, I will do some really unpleasant stuff to you. You understand, don't you buddy?"