The Genin Days Pt.1

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.

Chapter 10

The Genin Days Pt.1

Walking on a dirt path on the outskirts of the village, the lone redhead had his hands in his pockets as he meaninglessly wandered around, trying to get his thoughts in order.

'An S-rank ninja...

...they are on a completely different level than the Jonin I fought.'

An S-rank shinobi is a ninja whose skills are so refined that it cannot be compared to others, creating a benchmark of its own. While an elite jonin can reach up to an A-rank, being an S-rank is much more difficult. An S-rank ninja can easily defeat dozens of A-rank ninjas. They can also single-handedly change the course of a war. Moreover, the strength of a country is determined by the number of S-rank ninjas it possesses.

'To think that the Sannin took down seven S-ranks together simultaneously. Then there was Hanzo, who kept up with the Sannin in multiple battles. Then the kages who were more powerful than Hanzo, and then...

...the Uzukage who took down three kages with him.'

'Just how strong are those shinobi? How will I ever achieve my goal if there are such.... monsters in my way? Even with the Rinnegan, this won't be an easy task.'

'I need to get stronger, and fast.'

Naruto's desire to get stronger surged deeper and deeper, the flames of his desire which were ignited at the night of the invasion now burned with even more intensity with his recent humiliation at the hands of Jiraiya. He knew that even with fuinjutsu, the outcome would still be the same, as Jiraiya was also a grandmaster like him.

The bright side was that he now had the opportunity to train under Jiraiya. He knew that the aspects he needed to improve at the most at were his katon, doton and fuuton ninjutsu.

After a while of wandering around, Naruto stumbled into an empty clearing, which seemed for a lack of better word... unused.

Naruto felt that the place was perfect for him. It was covered with bright green grass all along the way, and had a small pond at its edge. It was also surrounded by numerous trees, which just like the grass had their own bright green shine. It was nice, quiet, and away from prying eyes. And it looked beautiful as the stars in the night sky seemed to adorn the crowns of the surrounding trees.

'Well, what better time to start than now?' he thought as he prepared for his training with fuuton.

He specifically needed to train his fuuton, as he had an inkling suspicion of a certain event happening.

And if it does happen, he would need his fuuton.

—X—X—X—

Eventually, Naruto had completed his training for the day. He had finally started to progress in fuuton, much to his delight. If his calculations were correct, then it would take him around six to seven months to fully master the element.

Meanwhile, he had also started on A-rank jutsus for raiton and suiton. Having complete mastery over both these elements, he could now easily use high ranked jutsus of said elements.

And finally, he had also decided to train his Amenotejikara more. Amenotejikara was almost as fast as the Hiraishin, but the Hiraishin consumed far less chakra and was considerably faster. On the other hand, Amenotejikara could teleport anything within its vision. That meant that if fighting on a cliffside, he could teleport the enemy to fall to their deaths.