The Graduation

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.

CHAPTER 8

THE GRADUATION

Today was the day...

Today was the day Naruto would officially become a ninja. He had no problems with the exam and was completely confident that he would pass, but there was a competition between him, Minato and Fugaku over who would be the rookie of the year. So, he did put in some effort in the preparations for the exam, not that he needed to.

Among the aspiring kunoichis, Kushina was sure to be the top one, after years of following a training regimen that was far beyond their years, Kushina along with him and Minato were way ahead of their peers, except Fugaku and surprisingly Mikoto, who had awakened her sharingan.

It was during last year when there was a training accident, and Mikoto found hundreds of kunais thrown towards her, the reason being a misplaced trap. The fear of death and the adrenaline rush was enough to awaken her sharingan, something Fugaku was extremely jealous of.

Speaking of Fugaku, Naruto noted that he was a genjutsu prodigy, even without the sharingan. All he needed was a feel of his opponents chakra and he could craft a C-rank genjutsu within a minute. Naruto could not deny that he was excited at the prospect of Fugaku's visual prowess when he would awaken his sharingan. Perhaps, there was a sharingan induced genjutsu that even his seals couldn't break...

Breaking out of his thoughts, Naruto noticed that he and Kushina had reached the classroom and found Minato waiting for them at the last bench.

Naruto, feeling a bit nostalgic, gently took Kushina's hand and led her upwards, just like their first day in the academy.

Kushina, seeing this, had a momentary blush on her face but was then replaced by a bright smile as she remembered what her brother had done for her at his first day of the academy.

—X—X—X—

Seeing 'the trio' in the class sent some of the students into hushed whispers as they talked about the three 'popular kids' of the academy.

The trio of prodigies had changed their looks from the young kids they once were.

Naruto's hair grew to shoulder length, and seemed even brighter and full of life than they had been three years ago. His face was perfectly structured, with a sharp jawline and a piercing look in his eyes that seemed to cut through people's existence, rinnegan or not.

He now wore a light red yukata, exposing his chest a little. All his clothing had a prominent Uzumaki swirl on them, signifying that the Uzumakis are still a clan. He now rarely smiled in public and maintained an indifferent demeanor, not too welcoming but not at all repulsive. This, however, attracted even more female attention on him, annoying him even more.

Kushina had also grown up nicely, she was much taller than before, around the same height as Naruto. Her shiny red hair accompanied with her bright violet eyes, made his little sister all the more adorable in Naruto's eyes. Kushina seemed to attract some male attention in the beginning, however all the boys just seemed to disappear for a few months, and later returned completely afraid of talking to her, much to her utmost confusion.

Not that she minded this strange occurrence, no one ever gave a damn to her in the beginning, so why should she care for them, 'ttebane!

Yes, the verbal tick was still present, much to her annoyance.