The Revelations

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.

Chapter 12

The Revelations

He opened his eyes.

Momentarily blinded by the bright light shining through the window of his room, he quickly moved in to draw the curtains.

Wait! What the hell was he doing in his room in the afternoon?

It was then that the memories hit him. Memories of how their team went to their very first C-rank mission, the bandit camp, his use of Chiton, and how he collapsed for the very first time in his life.

Being an Uzumaki, he never had any issues with the lack of chakra, well except when using Amenotejikara, given his massive reserves. He had apparently miscalculated his limits in Chiton and burnt out all his chakra. The last Amenotejikara was the final straw in the hat as his body finally gave out and sent him to blissful sleep.

'I have to admit though, waking up after completely exhausting myself feels oddly refreshing.'

He did remember seeing Jiraiya at the end, and judging by the fact that he could feel Kushina's chakra from her room, he concluded that she was safe as well.

Well, at least the mission was a success...

Sighing, he got up from his bed and did a few stretches, taking his time to wake up his body and put his racing thoughts to rest. He then took a light shower, getting ready for the day.

Soon, the redhead emerged from his room, entering the hall, only to be tackled in a hug by another redhead, which he concluded was Kushina.

"Nii-san! You are awake!" Kushina exclaimed, making no effort to hide her happiness and joy, which instantly lightened Naruto's day up.

"Kushina, how are you? Are you alright? You weren't injured, were you?" Naruto asked worriedly. Even though Jiraiya was present during the mission, he couldn't help but worry for his sister.

"ME? You literally had chakra exhaustion that Jiraiya-sensei exclaimed was the worst one he had seen since the war, and you are asking about me? You have been asleep for two and a half days, 'ttebane!" the redhead exclaimed, her voice bordering between worry and annoyance.

"WAIT WHAT!? Two and a half days! Are you kidding me?!"

"Nope, my clones had to literally carry you all the way to Konoha." Kushina replied, her bright expression slowly making its way back onto her face.

Naruto chose not to reply as he got his mind around the fact that he had been asleep for more than two days. His Chiton must be so incredibly chakra taxing that he had burned through all of his massive reserves only by using Chiton and an Amenotejikara.

"Yeah, and also, the mission was then upgraded to B-rank. Don't worry though, I have already collected our pay..."

—X—X—X—

"Ano... nii-san?"

"Hmmm... What is it, Kushina?"

"During our return journey, ya know, when my clones were carrying you back to the village, Jiraiya sensei kept giving you a weird look. Did something happen between the two of you?" Kushina asked, recalling their return journey.

This caught the redhead's interest as he began pondering on the situation.

'Why would Jiraiya look at me weirdly? I don't think I did something wrong. Maybe it was the dry corpses and the large amount of blood where I used my Chiton, or maybe...'