THE MEETING

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.

                                                   CHAPTER 3

                                                 THE MEETING

"Greetings, Hokage-sama"

Hiruzen quickly composed himself and gave the boy a calming smile, "Hello, young man."

Naruto couldn't help but feel intimidated by the fact that he was standing in front of THE PROFESSOR who is currently the undisputed strongest shinobi alive, even with the gentle smile on his face, Naruto knew that the Sandaime could erase his existence with a mere twitch of his finger.

"My name is Uzumaki Naruto and I am a survivor of the invasion of Uzushio last week. I have come here make a request."

'Just like I thought.'

Though he wouldn't say it, Hiruzen was highly impressed by the manners young Naruto was showing, he was just so not-Kushina.

"You have my deepest condolences for the loss of your clan. They truly were great people who wanted nothing but peace. I am extremely delighted that you have survived the invasion."

Naruto remained impassive but inside he was glad that his clan is still highly valued among their comrades.

"Although there is something you must know. You are currently the only recorded Uzumaki to have survived the invasion. Others may have escaped too but you are the only one to have reported to Konoha."

Naruto's eyes widened as his heart broke a little. He was sure that if any shinobi had survived, they would come to Konoha, but it seems that they all had died. He never expected any civilian survivors to come here since they could be targeted and would instead live in secrecy. He quickly ushered his tears back as the professor continued.

"I believe that you came here to make a request."

Naruto quickly steeled himself as he replied, "Hai, Hokage-sama, I would like to be granted refuge in the village. I also wish to join the academy and the Konoha shinobi corps when I graduate."

Hiruzen was again impressed by the young boy. He would have expected a scared little kid who would come to Konoha to seek comfort and would need to be rehabilitated, but he seemed like someone who has his life and goals clear in front of him.

Plus, he wouldn't mind another Uzumaki powerhouse within the village, but there was something he wanted to test in the boy, so he gave Naruto a blank face and said, "And why should I let you take refuge in the village?". Hiruzen knew that Kushina would likely attempt to castrate him for this but he wanted to see if he could instill the will of fire in the kid.

If Naruto was surprised, he didn't show it, maintaining his impassive expression, another thing Hiruzen was impressed with. But on the inside, Naruto's thoughts were going to overdrive, 'I didn't expect this! Surely Konoha should accept its allies, I can mention that its my right as an Uzumaki, but I don't want to come as spoiled or entitled. If I mention my revenge then I am sure they won't let me proceed.' So Naruto decided to go with the next best reason.

"I have already lost my family, my clan and my village and I was too weak to protect them. But, I have not lost everything, as per my knowledge, there's an Uzumaki in Konoha and I have already made a little sister in Konoha. This time, I want to be strong and powerful to protect them, I want to cherish them and make them happy, I believe Konoha is the perfect opportunity and place for that. That is why I want, no, I need refuge in this village."