Chapter 22

REIVEN'S POV**

We got home na at lahat parang wala pa rin akong balak umimik. Naiwan parin kaluluwa ko sa kotse.

It's already 10 na and di ko na napansin, kaya naman pala galit nanaman ang dragon.

I was about to go upstairs nang tawagin ako ni West na pumunta sa kusina.

I did as she said, mahirap makipagtalo sa sinasaltik na dragon, mamaya mambuga na ng apoy yan eh.

"What is it?" tanong ko nang makalapit sa kusina.

She's preparing something pero di ko rin naman makita kasi nakatalikod sya at nakaharang, kaya di ko maaninag.

When she turned around, I saw that she prepared some cut-up fruits and wine.

Agad naman ako nagtaka na medyo may halong duda sa ginagawa nya.

Oo, aminin na nating selosa si West. But this was the first time na hinatak nya ako pauwi.

Something's fishy.

Di ko pa naman huling araw ngayon 'no?

She invited me to sit beside her sa may kitchen island. Nag aya lang sya uminom saglit before we sleep.

Since linggo naman and sa Wednesday pa balik ko sa trabaho, pumayag nalang ako.

It's been a while na rin kasi since we last had a proper conversation and bonding since nung awkward moment namin.

Labag man sa loob, kinailangan ko rin talaga iwasan si West kahit papano.

Little did I know, di talaga ganun kadali mag move on sakanya.

Everything about her is basically my weakness.

I admit, kinikilig din ako pagdating kay Via. Pero iba parin pala talaga kay West.

She drives me crazy in any matter. Good thing I can keep my cool.

My heart is beating so fast even though we're just sitting here. Somehow, her mere presence affects me so damn hard already.

"Are we good?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure?" I replied as I take another piece.

"You've been distant. Did I do something wrong?" she asked without having to look at me. She's staring outside quietly.

There she is again with her poker face, making it hard for me to see through what she's actually thinking and feeling.

I know there's a lot inside that mind of hers, how bad I wanna know what's inside.

But I'm afraid it'll be a mistake to do so.

Probably mas okay na yung set up namin na ganito. After all, we're nothing more than just friends.

"Why are you asking me that? we're good." I replied.

"I miss the old us, Cyrie."

I felt a long drop inside my stomach.

"Those days where we don't hesitate telling each other things. Whereas it's just us two," she carefully says, swirling the wine in her goblet.

"I miss the old you. The days you're still clingy with me, those days where you're not scared to tell me how you feel," she said, sadness is evident in her voice.

I noticed she was looking at me faintly.

I can see in her eyes that she wanted to tell me something, but somehow she can't.

"Where did that smile you had when you're little go?, Do i not make you happy anymore?" she asked me.

I was left speechless.

Andami kong gusto sabihin pero di ko rin alam kung ano talaga yun.

The deeper she says things, the more the blanker my mind gets.

"These days kasi, Rei, I can feel na iniiwasan mo'ko." tugon nya.

"I'm not. Im sorry kung ayan nararamdaman mo. I just needed space—"

"We promised each other na we will be each other's rest." she cut me off, again leaving me speechless.

How I wish to say na may deeper reason talaga actions ko.

But somehow, I felt guilty. Didn't know na ganyan pala nararamdaman nya sa ginagawa ko.

"I don't know what your problems are, but consider my feelings too. Your actions are... hurting me," she replied.

Napatingin ulit ako sakanya.

She was smiling, but bitterly.

Damn.

And then it hit me. Here I am trying to get over her, iniiwasan sya for my sake, but I didn't realize nasasaktan din sya.

"Ako ba reason? bakit mo ba ako iniiwasan?" she asked.

How I wish I could say na it's because of the dumb feelings I had for you.

Mali na kasi.

I can't love my bestfriend especially may boyfriend sya.

"It's complicated," tugon ko nalang.

It was quiet for some time pero nagulat naman ako when she started laughing.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, it's just rude how I wish you to tell me things eh mismong ako hindi magawa." she said, still laughing.

"I wish I could tell you everything. Im sure you'd understand and you'd give me a tight hug after I tell you everything, but as of now, I have to hide these," she added.

I just sighed heavily, stood up from my chair and hugged her from behind.

"It's fine. I'll understand. But, I hope you understand too when I make some actions for myself," I said while hugging her from behind.

She held my hand gently.

"Sure," she replied.

We proceeded to just drink the night away.

It actually feels good na okay na ulit kami ngayon. Although, things might change later on, but at least, we're talking again.

Isang malakas na hampas naman nasalo ko kay West while she's laughing.

"No way!" she said.

"Yes way, I was asking for my changed, the guy gave back my money," I said.

"Ibinalik mo?" she asked.

"Yes,"

"Ulol!" tugon nya sabay tawa.

Seeing her this happy gives me some sort of satisfaction.

She then looked at her phone.

"It's nearly twelve," West says.

"Are you sleepy?" tanong ko naman.

But I was surprise when she stood up, pinned bot her hands beside the counter cornering me.

She then used her hand to tuck in the loose strands of my hair behind my ear as she carefully caresses my cheeks and looks at me softly.

"You're already a grown up woman. I remember when you were still a little rascal teen," she said while laughing.

My heart started skipping some beats by the small distance between our faces.

I can feel her warm breathing on my face, kinda reeking of alcohol but who cares?

"It's making me so happy seeing how much you've changed under my care," she added.

It was a moment between us and I can feel the time getting slower.

The moment her phone started ringing, I was too shocked to even notice.

She leaned in and gave me a deep long kiss.

When she finally finished, she held my face carefully and smiled at me.

"Happy Birthday, My Reiven."