Chapter 24

WEST'S POV**

I'm not a morning person, but somehow, I managed na magising nang maaga ngayong araw kahit anong oras na ako nakatulog kagabi.

Something's been pestering my mind na naging cause na rin na hirap ako pag tulog ko.

FLASH BACK

After a couple of shots with Reiven, umakyat na rin ako. Ang hirap pigilan ng tawa ko.

Her reaction earlier when I kissed her nung saktong 12 was funny.

She's not that expressive, but I'm actually surprised na magugulat sya sa ginawa ko.

After all, that kiss was not our first.

Today's her birthday, and she's turning 24.

Somehow, I still see her the same as she did when she was just 18 years old.

I know Rei may look stern and serious 24/7, but I know that deep inside, she's just a kid.

The kid I always looked out for.

Kung meron mang tao na andyan para sakanya simula't sapul, that would be me and no one else.

It was just a pity I had to move abroad for my studies. I missed lots of summers with her when we were younger.

But I eventually found out na bibihira na sila umuwi nun since her grandmother passed away. I accepted na baka di ko na rin talaga sya makikita nun, but to my surprise, somehow and somewhat, our paths crossed again.

And to this day, I'm making sure di na ulit kami magkakahiwalay.

Maybe, I was too young to understand dati pa na she meant something so dear to me, but those times I was studying abroad, all I could remember was that sweet little smile of her and how she makes me feel so calm pag naglalaro kami.

I knew na even ilang taon na lilipas, I could recognise that smile anywhere I go.

Even Rei doesn't really smile often these days. She still has that smile.

There are just things that have to happen in order to keep her beside me.

Things are complicated right now, pero para rin sakanya lahat ng to.

I was busy sitting on my desk, scrolling sa laptop ko, and looking at some inquiries and other random things that's related to my business when I heard the gate open.

Bahagya kong hinawi ang kurtina sa bintana ko to check whether it was a cat or an intruder.

To my surprise, it was Rei.

I was confused. It was nearly 12 lalabas pa sya, but then I noticed a person standing under the lamppost.

That's when I realized it was the same girl na kasama nya kanina sa mall.

"Ginagawa nyan dito?" I uttered to myself. Instead of calling to them, I just watched quietly from the small gap behind my curtains.

Mahirap masabihang chismosa.

I've noticed na recently madalas sila magkasama. I don't wanna accept the fact na nagseselos ako because it's totally wrong.

She's just a friend and for heaven's sake, I have a boyfriend.

Pero seryoso, bakit ba laging magkasama yan? I hate to say this pero naalibadbaran ako sa mukha nya for a reason I cannot explain.

I decided to shrug it off since ayaw ko rin naman magsimula ng kung ano lalo't birthday ni Cyrie.

I went back to what I was doing and completely ignored them for a couple of minutes, pero at some point di ko na rin natiis at muling sumilip.

Only to find them laughing together. I felt a knot in my stomach and one thing I knew, pababa na ako nang marealize ko.

Dinala ako ng paa ko, don't blame me.

Tumayo ako sa gate saglit then observed them together.

I don't what im feeling. I don't like seeing Reiven smile like that with her.

Ang korni, nakakainis.

"Reiven," I called out to her nang akmang magyayakapan sila.

Gosh, can this get any more irritating?

I saw Reiven whisper something to the girl before finally coming back in like an obedient little girl.

Hinayaan ko muna syang makapasok before asking her.

"Ang dalas nyo magsama. Are you two dating?"

Agad naman nangunot noo ni Rei, somehow made the know inside my stomach go away.

"What? No!" she said.

I drew a little smile on my lips before heading back up, but on my way.

"As you should," tugon ko nang malagpasan sya sa hagdan.

I don't know why it concerns me so much, but finally I can have some peaceful sleep.

Andami ko need gawin kinabukasan.

END OF FLASHBACK

Matapos ko makipag away sa sarili ko upon deciding kung babangon na ba ako or mamaya na.

But I remembered I had to prepare something so, I had no choice kundi ang bumangon na para masimulan.

Labag sa kaluluwa ko itong ginagawa ko but it has a purpose naman.

It's only 4 in the morning pero gising na diwa ko. I plan to get right back to sleep.

But responsibilities slaps hard when 20 pataas ka na talaga.

Dahan dahan ko pang binuksan pinto ng kwarto ni Rei to check if she's still sleeping. And indeed she is, nakataas pa paa.

The girld always had weird sleeping posture ever since, di nalang din ako nagrereklamo. At least she doesn't sleepwalk like Art.

I quietly closed the door behind me bago bumaba sa kusina.

Grabbed my phone for a while and called few people to make sure wala akong appointment and reservations with anyone. Dapat wala munang epal.

After everything, I called in the shop I ordered the decorations from para deliver nalang dito yung orders since di ko pwede i-pick up kasi andami ko gagawin today.

And I have to make sure ready lahat bago magising si Reiven.

Today's her birthday.

I've planned a little celebration with her dito sa bahay, I've invited all her friends, and sila Dino since they get along well.

Bahala na siya kung may iimbitahin pa siya. It's a party for her anyways.

Today, I plan to make it special. I've had all of these planned since last month to make sure everything goes well accordingly.

And I've mustered up my courage to confess what I feel towards her today. This game has been going on for so long already.

In a lifetime, you only get a few chances to confess to someone.

I might face some consequences after this though but, it's better kesa naman I just sit her seeing her fall for someone else.