Nine

The sound of my ringtone woke me up. I was in the most restful sleep I had ever had, and felt so warm and cozy.

I fished around until I found my pocket. I clicked answer and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey." It was my mom.

"What's up?" I asked, and heard a low grumble next to me. I opened my eyes and saw that I was lying in Phil's arms still, and he was asleep.

"I'm on my way home, and was wondering what you want to eat? Fast food tonight."

Shit, if she found me in bed with someone, she'd assume the worst. "Um, surprise me," I said, my voice dropping as to not stir Phil.

"Okay, why are you whispering?" She asked.

I hesitated. "I, um, I don't know."

"Okay, well I'll see you soon," she said, then hung up. I laid my phone down on the bed next to me.

"Phil," I whispered, poking him softly in the side. He pulled me tighter to him, snuggling deeper into me. I didn't want to admit that I was actually enjoying his arms around me, but I was. It felt nice to have someone hold me. It felt nice for that someone to be Phil.

Does that mean that I'm growing to have feelings for Phil? No, I can't be. I'm not gay. Or am I? I'd never really thought about it much.

I can't think about it. Phil has to wake up.

"Phil, my mom will be home any minute," I said, poking him in the arm a couple times. He still didn't wake.

I sat up slightly, as much as his tight hold would allow, and poked his cheek. His eyelids fluttered and opened. Once he realized that it was me poking him, he smiled.

"Hello," he giggled.

"My mom is gonna be home any minute," I said, and sat up. His arms fell from around me, and I had to resist the urge to crawl back into them.

I shouldn't have to resist urges like that. I shouldn't have liked that snuggle-nap with Phil. I shouldn't have this feeling in my stomach.

Phil sat up, rubbing his eyes. "I need to get home anyways," he murmured. "Again, I'm really sorry."

"It's not your fault," I repeated for the umpteenth time.

"It kind of is," Phil responded.

"Well, you made up for it by holding me while I slept, alright?" I said. I almost slapped myself for sounding so stupid. I just admitted that I enjoyed the cuddling.

"I wouldn't have guessed you liked to cuddle," Phil joked.

"Not the time to joke," I replied, but I was smiling. He stood up and slid on his shoes, and I stood up with him, and walked him down to the front door. He paused before he walked outside.

"Again, I'm-"

"Phil, if you say you're sorry one more time, I will stitch your mouth closed," I interrupted, my voice sounding angry but my eyes soft.

He smiled and nodded. "Oh, I forgot to tell you that Cat had to go home. Make sure you call her and tell her you're okay."

I nodded, planning to call her as soon as Phil left. "Alright, see you tomorrow."

"Bye," he said, waving as he walked out.

I closed the door behind him and ran upstairs to get my phone. I immediately dialed Cat, who answered after two rings.

"Oh, thank god, you took forever to wake up," Cat breathed into the phone.

"Well, I woke up, but fell back asleep," I mumbled guiltily. "Phil and I took a nap."