Epilogue

Cat sat cross-legged on my bed, her eyes alight with curiosity. Phil and I stood across from her, watching her fidget in amusement.

"Okay, what is this about?" Cat asked finally, her curious disposition falling into a frustrated one.

"We have something to show you," Phil said, his voice light and airy. He was probably way more excited about this moment than I was.

I looked over at Phil, and he returned the glance with a reassuring smile and a nod.

"Okay," I whispered, and Phil wrapped his arms around my waist lightly, just enough to let me know that he was there.

I reached out and grabbed Cat's hand, making her jump back in confusion.

"No, it's okay, come here," I cooed, making her eyebrows draw together. She stood up nonetheless, and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

Her eyes grew big as she realized that I wasn't freaking out at her simple touch. She gasped loudly, and removed her hand from my shoulder.

"Can I hug you?" She asked. I nodded quickly, but before I could finish, she threw her arms around me and pulled me into the warmest hug I had ever experienced.

"Oh my god," Cat mumbled. I chuckled a little bit and returned the hug, placing my hands on her back and pulling her closer. To anyone watching us, this sight would probably be an odd one. Phil holding onto my hips from the back, while Cat is mumbling into my chest from the front.

"Dan Howell, you idiot," Cat whispered, her breath shaky. Was she crying?

"Cat, calm down," I murmured in reassurance, but she was shaking now, her sobs coming out ragged in and dry. I squeezed her tighter, fighting off my own tears. I could feel the gentle rise and fall of her chest against mine for the first time, and I could feel her small arms wrapped tightly around me, and I could feel her soft sniffles against the front of my shirt, and I didn't know how much I really loved Cat until now.

A tear trickled down my cheek and I buried my face into her hair, taking in the smell of raspberries and pomegranate.

"I hate you so much," Cat spoke, and I laughed loudly at this. I knew she didn't hate me. Not at all.

The dream from Oregon came flooding back. Cat had told me I would be able to touch with Phil holding onto me. And we cried. This is almost the same now, except that I'm the one giving her the news. I could touch her. She could touch me. Phil would have to be our medium, but this was still an extraordinary step.

Cat stepped away from me finally, wiping her eyes roughly. "Well, that's enough emotions for me."

Phil let go of me and chuckled softly, giving me a small peck on the cheek as he went.

"Gross," Cat muttered.

"You spent the better half of four months trying to get us together," Phil said, "and now you're saying gross?"

"Yeah, it's gross," Cat retorted, but there was a small smile on her face. I would have thought that her reactions would be different, because Phil had a point. But it wasn't surprising.

---

Two weeks later

"Hello?" I answered the phone sleepily.

"Check your mail!" Phil's loud voice startled me, making me almost fall out of bed.

"What? Why?"

"My letter from Tulane is here!"

I jumped up quickly, already pulling on a pair of pants and a shirt.

"Don't open it! I'll be there in ten minutes."