The First Encounter

2014, Indian Ocean

Steve and Bucky, accompanied by Natasha, stood as Rumlow briefed them on a mission to rescue hostages and talked them through everything they needed to know.

"Hostages?" Steve asked, staring at the screen in front of them.

Rumlow touched the screen to show all the hostages on the boat before replying to the question, "Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell." Pulling up the picture of him for the three to see. Giving out orders, Steve took control before he and Bucky got ready to jump out of the jet.

Now on board the boat, taking down the pirates on the top deck, Natasha and part of the STRIKE team joined the soldiers. Natasha walked with Bucky and Steve along the bridge, trying to help the latter find a date, before jumping over the barrier down towards the engine room.

Finishing the first part of her job, Natasha continued to where the computers were, completing what Fury wanted her to do. While the STRIKE team rescued the hostages, the other two soldiers found Batroc, knocking him down before throwing a shield at him, and he ran off.

Talking to the redhead over the comms, Steve was ambushed by Batroc, fighting each other, neither winning nor losing. The fight ensued after Steve had taken off his helmet, overpowering the man, tackling him, and ramming him into the door, knocking him to the floor along with the door, the anger still showing on his face.

"Well, this is awkward." Natasha said as she was standing at a computer, watching Steve look over at her, getting off Batroc, he asked, "What are you doing?"

Walking over to her as she spoke, "Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into." Steve looked back over to look at Batroc before asking her yet another question."Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here?" He stopped beside her, glancing down at the computer, then raising his head to look at the big screen before him. "You're saving SHIELD Intel." He stated.

"Whatever I can get my hands on." The redhead replied quickly.

"Our mission was to rescue hostages," Steve said, the firm tone in his voice not leaving, still looking at the screen before him. "No. That's your mission." Natasha said as she finished backing up the hard drive, pulling it out, and facing Steve. "And you've done it beautifully." She chimed, walking past him before he stopped her by holding her wrist.

As they continued the conversation, Batroc regained consciousness, throwing a grenade in the direction of the two, running off as Steve deflected with his shield, grabbing Natasha, and jumping through a window as it exploded. Crawling over to the wall, the redhead stated, "Okay. That one's on me."

"You're damn right," Steve replied, anger laced thickly in his voice, a feeling of betrayal running through him, getting up and walking past her heading back to the jet, meeting Bucky and Rumlow along the way.

______________________

2014, The Triskelion, SHIELD headquarters, Washington D.C

Securing his office, Nick Fury placed the flash drive he received from Natasha into his computer, then talked to the computer, "Open Lemurian Star's satellite launch file." He spoke. The robotic voice of the computer replied with, 'Access denied.'

After trying to decrypt the file and being denied every time, Fury looked worried. Taking the flash drive out, he left his office and travelled down the elevator, heading to the World Security Council.

Watching him talk with the council, Fury waited as Pierce's secretary whispered in his ear, turning away from the council to walk out of the room, them disappearing before his eyes, Alexander entering the room.