Chapter 17 - Please Trust Me

TRIGGER WARNING!!! This part contains abuse within a relationship. Please skip this chapter if it will harm you 🖤

————————————————————————————

"It's so different to home." I tell Noah as we continue to walk up the trail.

"Good or bad?" Noah asks as a couple pass us smiling thanks.

"Just different. We go for walks and don't smile at people as they pass us." I laugh as Noah takes my hand in his. "Are you looking forward to your interview next week?"

"Yeah, it'll be good. I think it'll just be me and Nick going. Folio and Jolly have a podcast they've been asked to do on the same day." Noah explains as we approach a bench and take a seat.

"That'll be great. This views fucking insane." Noah chuckles next to me.

"Yeah, it really is something."

We stay like that for a while. Just sitting in comfortable silence, admiring how beautiful the world can be.

*

"Do you maybe wanna have a lil' date night tonight?" Noah asks me as we're driving back to the house. I'm nodding before I even realise it.

"Yes please, that would be really cute." I try to hide my smile but Noah catches it as I turn to look out the window.

"Have you ever been on a date?" Noah asks and I nod.

"Yeah I have, but I've never been asked. Like it's usually "hey do you wanna hang out?" Then we hang out and at the end of it you're left wondering if it's a date or not. If something comes of it you're like, cool that was a date if not just two people hanging out." Noah laughs at my logic and slowly nods.

"Right, I think I sort of get it." I shrug as we pull up to the house.

"I had fun today. Thank you." I smile as we both get out the car and make our way inside.

"Noah? Mar? Is that you guys? I need to talk to you." Folio shouts from the living room.

"What's up?" Noah asks as we make our way through the house to where he is.

"Mar have you spoken to Cassidy?" Folio fires at me.

"No, not since the other day. How come? Did she call you again?" I ask as I take a seat, Noah and Folio do the same.

"No, look." Folio says and hands me his phone. I look between him and his phone eyebrows raised.

"What the actual fuck." I whisper.

"Read it. Your friend fucking sold us out."

"Clearly."

"Inside Bad Omens." The article reads.

Cassidy doesn't necessarily say anything bad about anyone in the article but she does share really personal information mostly about me. She shares how we all met, how we spent a few days together, how things work backstage and things she found out from Folio. She shares the most about the relationship between Noah and I along with my past relationship and how this one seems much different with the way Noah is with me. 

"Fucksake... I'm so sorry." Tears roll down my cheeks and I quickly wipe them away but they continue to fall. "Fuck, I'm really so sorry." I hand Folio his phone back and make my way up to Noah's room.

In sitting on the bed gasping for air, tears still rolling down my cheeks when Noah comes into the bedroom and kneels in front of me.

"Baby it's okay. Just breathe." Noah places his finger under my chin and gently tilts up my head so I'm looking at him. "It's okay Margo."