Chapter 18

"Hello, Eomma. How's everything in Busan?" Jin asked his mother as soon as she answered the call. Jin just got home and received a message from his mom to call her as the last time they talked was 1 week ago.

"Everything is fine here, Seokjin. How are you adjusting in Seoul?"

"It's great here. I think I made the right decision practicing surgery here. The seniors are all so kind to me. Namjoon-hyung, Yoongi-hyung and Tae-hyung are also very helpful. Tomorrow, I will start my duty at the Operating Room and I am excited." Jin said full of life.

"I'm so glad to hear your jolly voice again. It's been a long time since I last heard you this happy."

Jin thought for a while. He did not realize that his mom observed him and felt the pain he had.

"I am slowly getting there, eomma. The hectic schedule at the hospital made me forget things."

"That is good. I know you don't like to hear anything from some people here, but I would just like to tell you that Jimin is spending his days with his husband whenever he is on business meetings. I think that's a good sign, while Jungkook..."

His mom paused as she heard the sudden intake of air from Seokjin.

"...the Jeons sent him abroad to study further and practice. He went here before he left to say his goodbye. He said it is his decision and he said he wished to talk to you but he knows it's not the right time."

Jin stayed silent on the other line.

"I know you did not want to tell me but he did tell me everything about him and Jimin, and how you caught them the night before you cried to me. I know he is the reason but I did not want to ask further. He stopped whatever communication he had with Jimin before he went abroad.

He visited you in Seoul to say goodbye..."

When Jin thought he already moved on, he silently cried when he heard about Jungkook visiting him in Seoul. He covered his mouth to avoid making any noise but the pain is too heavy for him to bear.

"He was about to approach you but he stopped midway as he thinks it's better that way.

The Jeons wanted him to stay for a while in Singapore and continue his practice there due to the technology they have before he comes back in Busan, if he still wants to, but when I had a conversation with him, he plans on staying there for good.

I was also able to see the pain in his eyes and I am not saying I tolerate it. What he and Jimin did is a mortal sin, and I plan to talk to your brother about it.

However, the only way for you to free yourself from any pain is to eventually forgive him whether you cross paths with him again or never. I hope you find in your heart the freedom from the love and hatred you have for him and finally find the road for you to love someone again."

Jin was a crying mess when he ended the call with his mom. He had been busy with his work that he forgot the pain he was feeling. Not that he moved on, but the pain was covered by something. He thought about Jungkook finding him in Seoul and then leaving for good.

"He could have said goodbye." Jin said to himself. "But who am I to ask for it when I did not even do it for him? Fuck!" He said feeling his chest tighten again due to the pain he was feeling. However, he also thinks that this is the best so far. Having Jungkook near him will just make it more painful and he won't be able to move on.

He's glad that Jungkook was able to confess his sin to his mother and stopped his communication with Jimin. His mom is right, he needs to forgive and forget to set his heart free somehow.

He let himself cry in his sleep and promised himself that this will be the last time that he will cry for him again. He has to forgive him and move on. That's the only thing he has in his mind right now before he was succumbed by his dreams.

***********

Jungkook landed in Singapore safely. His parents prepared all his needs to make sure that he'll be able to practice better in Singapore. He'll have to learn English language for 6 months, and another 3 months for medical specific terms to incorporate it with his upcoming duties for his internship. For the meantime, they have assigned him in their Korean specific patients while he learns the language.

He was welcomed by a person named Kim Yugyeom, his English teacher and will also be his housemate as his father bought the house and wanted someone to be with Jungkook while he stays there. Yugyeom happens to be looking as well for a place to stay and that's how Mr. Jeon offered the job. He knew Yugyeom through his friends in Singapore who also practiced English and the lad was highly recommended.

"Welcome to Singapore, Jungkook."

"Yugyeom, right?"

"Yes! I have brought my car with me as I heard you have a lot of luggage with you." He said smiling at Jungkook while helping him with his luggage.

"T-thank you." Jungkook said.

"I hope you'll enjoy your stay here as I lead you to the success of learning their language and tradition here. I heard you passed internship in Singapore General Hospital. You will surely learn a lot there." He said while talking.

He surely is talkative, Jungkook thought. He suddenly misses Seokjin who is very talkative when it's just the two of them. However, he knows that this is his fate now, away from Seokjin and he plans to leave it that way.