Chapter 41

"Dr. Kim, the patient on bed 3 is having a hard time breathing." Nurse Choi said in panic. Jin is currently treating the patient on bed 10 with Sangyeob when he was called by the nurse. The are currently serving more than 15 patients because of a car accident that included multiple cars.

"Dr. Lee, I will leave you here. Nurse Choi, please help Dr. Lee, I will check on the patient." Jin said as he ran to bed 3.

When he went to the next patient he saw him having seizures already with challenges on breathing. His eyes are already being dark and sunken.

"Shit!" He said and checked the patient's breathing right awat. The patient suddenly vomitted and when Jin looked at his throat, it was getting blocked. "I need help here! I need trache!" He shouted as he looked for instruments to put in the trache in the emergency kit nearby.

"What do you need?" Jungkook suddenly came in.

Jin's eyes widened. "What are you doing here?" Jin asked.

"You asked help. Hurry, his throat is closing." Jungkook said.

They then started prepping his neck and put the tube inside. When the machine beeped regularly, Jin breathe out.

"Good job, Dr. Kim." Jungkook said.

"Thanks for your help, Dr. Jeon." Jin said smiling at him while pumping the air bag.

Jungkook then prepared the permanent air pump and when Jin was ready, the manual ambubag was replaced quickly.

Nurse Han helped in cleaning the patient as they left.

"Please tell the family we'll need to further testing." Jin said to the nurse before leaving and the nurse nodded.

"It will be a tiring day." Jungkook said to him seeing all the patients coming in.

"I know." Jin said exhaling.

"Care to help me more over there?" Jin said pointing to the bed 5.

"Noted, Dr. Kim." Jungkook said with a smile.

************

"Coffee?" Jin said offering a drink to Jungkook who was currently stretching.

"Thank you. Are you okay?" Jungkook asked Jin.

"Yes. We have one patient for surgery in 15 mins. I will just finish this coffee." Jin answered.

"I can take over the surgery. I seen him anyway." Jungkook said.

"Nope. It's okay. Why don't you cook something for me again for dinner so that I can look forward going home tonight?" Seokjin said smiling at Jungkook.

"Sounds good to me. Wine?"

"Nah. Just good dinner will do." Seokjin said.

"Then be at my apartment at 9pm, doctor. You have 6 hours to complete your surgery." Jungkook said before standing up and leaving Seokjin.

"Aye aye, Sir!" Seokjin said happily before standing up as well to attend the scheduled operation.

************

"I am getting addicted to your dinners." Jin said as he took another bite of the steak.

"This one is just simple, Jin. If only it's healthy to get you this everyday, then I would always cook it for you." Jungkook said as he took his own steak.

"Steak is healthy!" Jin said.

"Yes, if you do your gym everyday."

"Well, being an ER doctor actually gives me the same exercise as the gym's." Jin said.